Did you ride today?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got out on the roads up by Sparta with 26 & Bard. It got up to like 50 degrees, it felt great to be on my bike. Did anyone else ride today?

12115_10152175606798954_1196354417_n.jpg

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Yarp!! Rode to Nyack and saw many old roadie friends that I have not seen in a while. ....Many smiling cyclist out there. :)

Spylab

Trying to recover from torn knee ligaments and a sprained shoulder from a ski crash...

...put in a 47.5 mile loop from Roxbury to Newfoundland on the fixed gear.

I think I'll be okay.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Had the whole day free and I did not :-( in a huge funk, I did get the lady's geared mtb ride rolling again and stripped the boys DH bike for new paint....

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Had the whole day free and I did not :-( in a huge funk, I did get the lady's geared mtb ride rolling again and stripped the boys DH bike for new paint....

26 and Bard were pointing out your old party spots along our road ride today. stop working on bikes and just ride them, like i do.

Dirt Dawg

Hiked. But there were a lot of roadies on 7 lakes drive. Just not sure its worth getting all of the road salt on your frame and components, but then again while the hike was great I wished I had taken out the old road bike.

SpartaBard

Hiked. But there were a lot of roadies on 7 lakes drive. Just not sure its worth getting all of the road salt on your frame and components, but then again while the hike was great I wished I had taken out the old road bike.

Fenders make all the difference.

PatrickBrown

Hardcore on several levels. Respect, my friend.

Thank you Sir!

how do they keep dem chains from gettin rusty...or dey just get rusty.

they chains and gears are enclosed in a sweet housing but who knows how well it keeps the elements out. so I suppose...uhh dey just get rusty, and tires just get flat and the kiosks just don't work and........

but I like dem

Last edited:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
if they have no one to service those things i wonder how long that program will last.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
The city should get together with the LBS near each Citibike thing and work out a something to service the bikes... $ to small business

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
maybe jimmy could do a service contract, he's always hanging out in coffee shoppes in ny.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I believe the trucks are there more to move the bikes around to different docking stations. Some stations are popular and other not so popular so the bikes always pile up in the popular spots. I have heard bike snob complain about this multiple times.

I'm not sure that they get any maintenance at all. It may be just cheaper to replace them all every so many years. Cost of labor and stuff. Maybe they have belt drive inside.

Top Bottom