Did everyone get out before the storms yesterday?

Minotaur

Not me. :( I fidoodled around too much in the morning, and by the time I was ready to go out, the storms hit. It stormed literally all afternoon, from about 1 pm to 5 pm. Remind me to waste time again when I can be out. :rolleyes:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I did, I got to kittitinny at 9am and was eating sushi by the time the storm rolled in.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Yep...

Got in 2 hours at Allaire well before the storms hit.

We were in the Ocean Township Wegmans when all hell broke loose outside. The lights were out for about 15 minutes, then we had to sit by the front door for quite a while, waiting for the Biblical deluge to slow down a bit.

I heard there was all sorts of bad stuff happening along the coast, unfortunately.:(

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Freddy and I were done with our road race by then, but I was working in the shop when the storm hit during the CAT3 race (which we had to cancel)...Racers were running into the shop for cover, it was mayhem...

-Jim.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Freddy and I were done with our road race by then, but I was working in the shop when the storm hit during the CAT3 race (which we had to cancel)...Racers were running into the shop for cover, it was mayhem...

-Jim.
Yeah, I was telling Christine that I was imagining this scenario, what with the Cat 3 race being at 2:30PM and all. A barrel of monkeys, to be sure...

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
if you mean PASSout on the couch before the rain hit yesterday, then yes, i did. blame it on my daughter who fell asleep on me watching the iron giant.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I was on the way home from the Pedro (now Kenda) fest. It nearly blew our campsite away. There was much mayhem, and more than a few pop ups did not survive. I watched from my sleeping bag as my camp mates scrambled to keep everything from blowing down. I was a little too far into my beers to be very concerned, or much help, so maybe it was better that I stayed where I was. The guy behind us had his pop up blown over our line of camp sites, and into the next row. The Fuji and Luna booths were blown over and filled with water ( to the point that they had to be thrown into the dumpsterthe next day). The trails were alredy wet and this pretty much put the kibosh on riding the next day. It was still great. Going again next year.

walter

Fourth Party
blame it on my daughter who fell asleep on me watching the iron giant.

Hogarth, friend.

My daughter and I were out front. She was riding her bike and I was keeping a steady eye on the clouds. It was quite amazing, at one point the clouds were almost a navy blue color, really cool to see. We then hung out long as we could on the front porch watching the downpour, until it started coming at us sideways.

Top Bottom