Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is a huge tree down on Yellow. Otherwise conditions were awesome over the weekend.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Gave this a shot today. It was pretty good except where it was not good. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

7E0D95BA-8DAF-4CB8-A86C-45FB1C54B3B1.jpeg

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Rode the whole place this morning and it was wetter than expected but not terrible. I think it rained briefly last night which the trails could have done without but we weren't leaving ruts. Found the new (to me) trail that branches off yellow. A nice addition but now I'm even more confused on how to ride every trail in a logical/fun loop without backtracking. I'll figure it out.

Trails were mostly clear except a big multi-trunk tree down on the rusty stream trail, the end closest to the gravel lot, just before the climb up to the fireroad. Needs chainsaw.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Rode the whole place this morning and it was wetter than expected but not terrible. I think it rained briefly last night which the trails could have done without but we weren't leaving ruts. Found the new (to me) trail that branches off yellow. A nice addition but now I'm even more confused on how to ride every trail in a logical/fun loop without backtracking. I'll figure it out.

Trails were mostly clear except a big multi-trunk tree down on the rusty stream trail, the end closest to the gravel lot, just before the climb up to the fireroad. Needs chainsaw.

I treat yellow and blue like a big figure eight. When we are finished building, all trails should loop off white for the most part.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
I treat yellow and blue like a big figure eight. When we are finished building, all trails should loop off white for the most part.
I do the figure 8 as well but with the new trail, you lose a small piece of yellow (unless you backtrack). I suppose i could ride the small piece of yellow to the new trail and loop it back to white, then do my figure 8 blue/yellow so then the small yellow piece is all i ride twice. I'll give that a go next time.

goldsbar

I feel like mountain bikers - myself included - always feel like you need to do a loop. Nothing wrong with going back and forth, especially in a small place. I do it with yellow all the time.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
I feel like mountain bikers - myself included - always feel like you need to do a loop. Nothing wrong with going back and forth, especially in a small place. I do it with yellow all the time.
True. But also, with my current fitness level, every trail once is about all I can handle. :)

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
One soft spot on white that's it! Met a guy didn't get his name and I regret not getting his info after riding with him for 2 miles. Yellow helmet dude on a giant, if your on here hit me up anytime id love to have a local riding buddy

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
One soft spot on white that's it! Met a guy didn't get his name and I regret not getting his info after riding with him for 2 miles. Yellow helmet dude on a giant, if your on here hit me up anytime id love to have a local riding buddy
I’m a Dickerson regular (usually). I’m without a car at the moment but live in Morristown, like @Juggernaut said F’ Lewmo lol. Hit me up some weekend and I’ll steal the wife’s car...or bribe her to drop me off.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I’m a Dickerson regular (usually). I’m without a car at the moment but live in Morristown, like @Juggernaut said F’ Lewmo lol. Hit me up some weekend and I’ll steal the wife’s car...or bribe her to drop me off.

I'm getting a second rack if traffic isn't crazy and you don't mind I can shuttle you to CR on Tuesday or Thursday come later sunsets. I'm trying to get chimney into my mix and wouldn't mind taking you that direction since I'd pass Motown on the way home mt arlington

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions