Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

At least two of the new trails built last year have been severely damaged by dirt bikes. It will take a long time to fix, please don't ride the trails until we can repair them. I'm going to contact Mark and tell him the bad news...:mad:

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
At least two of the new trails built last year have been severely damaged by dirt bikes. It will take a long time to fix, please don't ride the trails until we can repair them. I'm going to contact Mark and tell him the bad news...:mad:

We've already been out and surveyed the damage to the trails. In addition, two of the new gates and a number of new signs have been vandalized. We are waiting for the Wharton police department to finally show some interest in helping out but sadly we are lucky to get return phone calls most of the time. We are working on a project with Morris County (West Morris Greenway) so there is a good chance the park police will start patrolling the property.

Quickest way to get in touch with us is through our FB page. http://dickersonminepreserve.com

ebarker9

We are working on a project with Morris County (West Morris Greenway) so there is a good chance the park police will start patrolling the property.

Any details on the Greenway project? I'm very close to the existing trail so I'd love to get involved.

Superfly100guy

The place is in good shape and worth a trip to check out. Yes a few dirt bikes went through but that happens in almost every park. Conditions are near perfect, fast and dry.

We got about 3 inches or less of snow in the area. Sunday the trails had some nice fat bike tracks from Marty's fest, if you are riding fatties you should be good.

likeloud

With the exception of a few soft spots and a lot of leaf cover these trails are good to go...if your local I wouldn't miss this spot

FitmanNJ

Real nice job by the trail crew there. The trails at Dickerson Mine Preserve were in great shape today, and the new Blue Trail has a lot of challenges and surprises!

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
So I finally got out to the Mine yesterday for a ride and some TM. I was working in Ledgewood for the day so it was an easy 5 minute drive over. Trails were in great shape and kudos to the build crew for some really nice purpose-built trails. I had to do 2 laps to get my time/miles in but I didn't mind. There's a great base loop in place and lots of potential for more. Talking to Marc last night it seems like he has a great relationship with the town and they are allowing things like TTFs that I was surprised by. I look forward to heading back out there and seeing more progress next time. Keep up the good work!

Three big trees down:
upload_2016-3-8_19-41-27.png

Thank you!

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-8_19-41-6.png
    upload_2016-3-8_19-41-6.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 548

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions