Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone have intel? Have the fat bikes done their job yet?

Unless the trails were groomed, it probably hasn't been ridden. Fat bikes are pointless and aren't any good for breaking trail with this much snow.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a CX bike in my basement with 8-9 year old mud dried on it.
do you buy bikes just so you can chain them up in your basement? do you ever take them out and just ride circles around them on the fat bike so they know their place in life?

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
do you buy bikes just so you can chain them up in your basement? do you ever take them out and just ride circles around them on the fat bike so they know their place in life?
He also has them chained up in other people's basements (garages) as well!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
He also has them chained up in other people's basements (garages) as well!

I ran out of space for storing bicycles that were obsoleted by my fat bike. I even gave some bikes away.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I ran out of space for storing bicycles that were obsoleted by my fat bike. I even gave some bikes away.
1608342846258.gif

ebarker9

So...no grooming? That would be great to have a groomed park nearby. Might head over to check out the trails on xc skis tomorrow if anyone is interested in meeting up.

ebarker9

Hacked around, mostly on white for a bit yesterday. It was moderately worthwhile. Cover was a bit thin in spots so definitely worth using your "rock skis".

goldsbar

Hacked around, mostly on white for a bit yesterday. It was moderately worthwhile. Cover was a bit thin in spots so definitely worth using your "rock skis".
Nearby Randolph trails were not thin at all and in prime ski condition. Might not stay that way for long with the modest warmup we're getting.

ebarker9

Nearby Randolph trails were not thin at all and in prime ski condition. Might not stay that way for long with the modest warmup we're getting.

Which areas did you check out? I'd actually intended to ski home via the greenway but forgot that the section north of Pleasant Hill is normally plowed. Might check out the section starting by the Doby/Combs Hollow intersection before it warms up.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I just want to say that I know who you are now, and your screen name makes sense.

goldsbar

Which areas did you check out? I'd actually intended to ski home via the greenway but forgot that the section north of Pleasant Hill is normally plowed. Might check out the section starting by the Doby/Combs Hollow intersection before it warms up.
The consistently best area is the loop off of Freedom Park you can make with the trails and pipeline. Just go to the woods/trails right behind the football field. Low snow you can just ski all of the fields if you're desperate. Seems to be where all the skiers go - you know, all three of us. Dog walkers can post-hole and trash the snow, but with snow like this they actually pack it and make it better.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions