Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

xc62701

Where is the black river section? Black River connector? Are these the trails that go east off of the fire road from the gravel lot on Frank St.?
No this is the trail that goes from the lot by Suburban Furniture(across the pond from Black River Barn) and goes along the stream through the gate to the sandpit.

Last edited:
I noticed that the beach lot is closed, I parked at the trailhead a few times in the past, but I figured that lot can get full pretty fast if the beach lot is closed. I see that theirs a new trail near Martys is, are we able to park in their lot? I don’t want to anger anybody by parking somewhere I’m not supposed to.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I noticed that the beach lot is closed, I parked at the trailhead a few times in the past, but I figured that lot can get full pretty fast if the beach lot is closed. I see that theirs a new trail near Martys is, are we able to park in their lot? I don’t want to anger anybody by parking somewhere I’m not supposed to.
There is a large lot just down the road from Marty’s on Green Lane and there is also parking at Black River Park across from Suburban Furniture.

goldsbar

Of course now there's a tree down near the top of Orange! I cut one side. Other side needs about 10 minutes of cutting or maybe a push down the hill (didn't think of that until I was at the bottom:rolleyes:). Great job on fixing the trail.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Brought my saw but no tree on Orange to cut (nor anywhere else). Someone musta got to it before me. Awesome job on the Orange shortcut deterrents. I also closed one on Blue today. The Beach is still closed but there's a new gate installed at the entrance. Conditions are perfect. Get some!

stilluf

Great conditions here once again. Park sheds water really well. The new loop is getting built out and dialed in; kudos as usual to the trail builders!!

Also, tree down on white counterclockwise from frank st lot. Pretty big, prob need chain saw.

stilluf

Do you think you can drop a pin for the location?
Riding out of Frank St lot, take right on white going counterclockwise. not too far up the trail from there (before connection with blue trail) .

Last edited:

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Unmarked Yellow extension got a much needed haircut today. No more prickers or face slappers. Conditions are good except for 1 small standing water spot on yellow extension up by the industrial park. Big rotten log down on there too with a sketchy rotten wood pile to get over it. Should probably be removed soon but i'm sure after tomorrow there will be a bunch more to cut. Too big for me to cut or move by myself.
20200803_142348.jpg

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Oh boy, she's a mess! Walked white and the West side is looking pretty good with only one small log to cut. The East side by Canfield is an absolute mess. I started working today behind the industrial complex. I haven't even had eyes on Orange, Blue and Yellow yet. If anyone get's out there, please post what you see.

stilluf

Unmarked Yellow extension got a much needed haircut today. No more prickers or face slappers. Conditions are good except for 1 small standing water spot on yellow extension up by the industrial park. Big rotten log down on there too with a sketchy rotten wood pile to get over it. Should probably be removed soon but i'm sure after tomorrow there will be a bunch more to cut. Too big for me to cut or move by myself.
last saturday we had set up a ramp to get over that. rode really well. was it still there?

sgensh

Oh boy, she's a mess! Walked white and the West side is looking pretty good with only one small log to cut. The East side by Canfield is an absolute mess. I started working today behind the industrial complex. I haven't even had eyes on Orange, Blue and Yellow yet. If anyone get's out there, please post what you see.
On Wednesday around noon I walked the unmarked trail that heads east off the white trail from the Frank St lot... the one that crosses the creek twice, and there were at least 3-5 sections which looked like they will need a chain saw. I cleaned up as much as I could on white by the parking lot by hand, but didn’t make it very far up the hill heading west.
Let me know if I can help with a clean up, but I don’t have a working chainsaw at the moment :-/

-Steve

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions