Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

I saw that fight, it was the best fight, beautiful yet terrible at the same time. Stick definitely won, but the wheel was able to complete the ride. Truly amazing. 🍔🌭🍺😛

Trails are good to go. Did a quick drainage clearing TM on Creek Trail today. Also cleaned up the mess of a tree with vines blocking up the top stream crossing. That crossing could use some real TLC with armoring, etc.

I dropped into 3 parks today to clean up some loose ends. I started at Dickerson mine and tuned up the go around for the fat blockage on the Red trail, very near the upper creek crossing. I debated clearing the big blockage on the main trail but the go around is more interesting. Then I cleared something on Mr Miner, which although had been down awhile with reasonably established ramps, still kinda didn't need to be there. Then I headed over to Stephens, then Deer Park... To my knowledge catching me up in all three parks. Please keep the Intel coming. Thanks!!

Last edited:
It's rained quite a bit by me, I'm near Chimney Rock but not sure it's good to ride DMP tomorrow morning. Anyone local able to provide some insight?

I can’t make it but I’m only 6 miles away we had some passing downpours that were brief but it’s been so dry it’s probably fine and gonna be hero dirt.
You were spot on, perfect conditions. Even no slick rocks. Big tree down, but think it's been reported, sorry forgot to mark the location. If you can stand sauna and steam room conditions go get it.

How's the blowdown situation over at DM? This thread has become very quiet so I take that as good news. Can anyone confirm where that big downed tree is?

How's the blowdown situation over at DM? This thread has become very quiet so I take that as good news. Can anyone confirm where that big downed tree is?
DMP is in pretty good shape. I cleared a couple things on blue last week. I think there was a small tree down on green but need to go back to check. Other than that, just a lot of small stuff looking to ruin derailleurs, so hopefully trail users will just take a couple minutes and pick up a few sticks when they are out there.

I will be away for 4 weeks starting next week though, so might need you to run over there if anything comes down and you have time.

DMP is in pretty good shape. I cleared a couple things on blue last week. I think there was a small tree down on green but need to go back to check. Other than that, just a lot of small stuff looking to ruin derailleurs, so hopefully trail users will just take a couple minutes and pick up a few sticks when they are out there.

I will be away for 4 weeks starting next week though, so might need you to run over there if anything comes down and you have time.
No need to go back. I rode it this evening and found the small tree on green and the larger one on red. Both easy access from Frank st lot. I'll get back to clear as soon as I can fit it in. Primary focus remains on Stephens for now though. Got 11 or 12 left to do there

No need to go back. I rode it this evening and found the small tree on green and the larger one on red. Both easy access from Frank st lot. I'll get back to clear as soon as I can fit it in. Primary focus remains on Stephens for now though. Got 11 or 12 left to do there
Yes, I rode tonight as well and noted those two. I'll let you know if I get to them before I leave. You should come to the Wednesday night ride that leaves from Marty's at 6:00 and ride with us. (though I won't be there for the next 4 rides)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions