Diablo

M

MikeM

Went sunday, had a blast. The trails were wet and muddy. The steep trails werent so muddy but the slick rocks made them lots of fun. The jump course was closed due to mud :evil: but everythign else was good. The washout with the skinny bridges across was a raging river, way too deep to ride across.

Next weekend is the last one this season, im gonna try to go one more time.

ps I want even bigger forks

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
i was there on sunday as well. dominion opened mid afternoon. (or someone ripped down the tape). got 6 or so decent runs in.

then the gondola got dodgy... 25 feet, stop. 30 feet, stop. took 15 mins to get up there on my last run.

i bailed after that... something about getting stuck on gondola in cold wet weather told me to git while the gittin was good.

next weekend, i'll be there at some point. let's hope for one them indian summer days.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
MikeM said:
Gonsalves dont b workin this weekend

I just saw this... But yeah I'm tied up Saturday. Do you take a camera with you? Try and get some pics.

-jay

M

MikeM

Jason said:
MikeM said:
Gonsalves dont b workin this weekend

I just saw this... But yeah I'm tied up Saturday. Do you take a camera with you? Try and get some pics.

-jay
I want to bring the camera but i dont want to carry it.

i dont know

T

thegreatlanfrito

MikeM said:
I want to bring the camera but i dont want to carry it.

i dont know

i know the feeling... i bring one every weekend, and never ride with it... the helmet cam usually stays in the car too, though that's out of not wanting to take teh time to set it up when i can just ride!!!

Jason

JORBA.ORG
thegreatlanfrito said:
i know the feeling... i bring one every weekend, and never ride with it... the helmet cam usually stays in the car too, though that's out of not wanting to take teh time to set it up when i can just ride!!!

What kind of helmet cam are you using? What camera as well?

T

thegreatlanfrito

helmet cam is a viosport adventurecam h20 - the submersible one - which means it's a little larger and more unweildy, but not too bad. i use it w/ a sony mini dv camcorder with adequate results.

as far as real cameras go, was toting around a nikon n65 (film) and recently stepped up to a d70s (digi).

but as stated above, it's so hard to dedicate even 1/2 a day to shooting when there's just soo much fun riding there!

Jason

JORBA.ORG
thegreatlanfrito said:
helmet cam is a viosport adventurecam h20 - the submersible one - which means it's a little larger and more unweildy, but not too bad. i use it w/ a sony mini dv camcorder with adequate results.

as far as real cameras go, was toting around a nikon n65 (film) and recently stepped up to a d70s (digi).

but as stated above, it's so hard to dedicate even 1/2 a day to shooting when there's just soo much fun riding there!

The main reason I'm not playing with helmet cams is the lack of complete kits on the market. I hate the fact that I have to lug around an entire minidv cam to do the job and I'm not buying a sony video walkman for $600+ I guess I'll just have to wait for better products. For photos, I use a 20D but pretty much never take it when I ride. I have a cheap water resistant digicam for that.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
i use a cam from www.helmetcamera.com plugged into sony TRV25 minidv.
trv25-front.jpg
a LANC remote is key, don't do a helmetcam rig w/o LANC or a camera that won't take LANC. my setup takes good vids but:

• its heavy (not only the sony cam, but the battery for the helmet cam) and the sony little bulky.

you'd better have your wires on tight and battery charged bc theres nothing worse than turning the damn thing on and off all day thinking your getting sweet footage and come back to find black screen (dead cam battery or a wire unplugged)

the rendering and editing can be very time consuming. i have my weding, 6 hours of africa safari and silverton, co footage sitting around on tape bc i have no time to make a movie from it. :(

anyway its a lot of fun but i'd rather have a really small light vidcam and just pull it out and take footage that way. less weight fuss with wires, batteries etc. that's the way id do it next time.

something small like this baby might be nice:
DCRPC55R_1.jpg

T

thegreatlanfrito

that little samsung deal looks nice, but i hear it's kinda limited in hom much u can store on the memory card. seen a few people @ diablo w/ em, it's a nice compact solution, just don't know about the quality of teh results.
SC-X105L_m.jpg

Top Bottom