Diablo

Eileen

I was on diablo's site looking at the US Open and under events I noticed on July 21-22 there is a Mtbchick.com Women's Mountain Bike Clinic. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this. I think I might have to check this out :D

http://www.diablofreeridepark.com/events.html

Good job in the open Jess :getsome:

NJ Jess

Ouch at the US Open

It was a lot of fun racing at the US Open. I learned a lot in a very short amount of time. It was a great course with lots of techy stuff and really nice berms up until the race day.

I got there on Thursday and walked the course. Looked at different lines to take and thought of where to gain speed or scrub speed. On Friday we got to ride it and I attempt 5 runs on the track. Unfortunately, there were 300 other riders doing the same thing, so you could only do bits and pieces. I did clear the Rock garden and was sooo happy about that one thing.

On Saturday we did the qualifing runs and I was in 6th place. It was my best full run having cleared and cruised everything. I didn't go very fast though because I simply wanted a clean run. Being my second DH race, I wasn't going to be greedy.

Unfortunately, I messed up my front shock on the run and didn't want to hurt it anymore. I tried using my friends Santa Cruz bullit on my practice run on Sunday, only to take a horrendous skid fall down the rock face. (My Butt is Sooooo Black and Blue!) Note to self: do not switch bikes before races.

Needless to say, I had to use my bike with its not-so-responsive shock anyhow. Out of the starting gate, I saw a well ridden course with lots of new rocks and pot holes due to all the previous riders, and decided to just cruise. I rode most of it, running through the rock garden this time, and then hoping back on the bike for the rest.

I stuck to my motto, "I'm not in it to win it, I'm in it just to Play," and that I did. I must add, I prerode Stewart with some of my friends the day before the DH race and they said that they can diffinitely see a difference in my riding.......I'm flying down the XC downhill sections! hee hee

I hope to get some girls together to do our own DH day at Diablo so if you are interested, PM me.

N

Neen

How come when I go to the website, I don't see anything about this clinic? Is anyone else having this problem?

D

DANSPANK

Nice job Jess! I'm up for a Diablo trip in the summer - just pleasure cruising though, not racing...

Top Bottom