Diablo Series Final Race.

yuroshek

heres 2 pics of the jump

the lip of the jump is on the left and the start of the landing is on the very right.
US_Open_2007_92.jpg

Picture043-1.jpg

yea i deff dont think you could jump that on your hard tail. i came up alitle short yesterday because of the wind and ate up all 8.8" of travel in the rear. the tire actually came up and hit the seat and i only weight 165.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I would huck that pro jump on a karate monkey with a rigid fork- it's only about 5 feet vertical to the flat, so wheelie-dropping at a rolling pace is not out of the question. Heck- I've seen Simon do 4' on his Karate Monkey with a Reba. It's the rock gardens that would sketch me out.

For Norm and AON-

Double = jump where the takeoff and landing are both built up and there's a gap between them. The "lip" or takeoff is usually steep to kick you up in the air. A tabletop is similar, but without the gap between the lip and the landing. "Casing" a double means coming up short and crashing by hitting the front or top of the landing.

Step-down = jump where the take-offf is built up a bit, but the lip is generally flat and not steep like a double or tabletop. The landing is below the base of the lip and there's generally flat space between the jump and the transition, so that if you come up short, the landing is harsh but still rideable. Very difficult to case a step-down, which is why they're more common in world-cup DH races, since racers can hit them with tons of speed and fly 40-50 feet without being 30 feet up in the air.

T

Timekiller

That jump is pretty crazy. I was up there sunday, didn't get to watch any of the race, but at the end of the day I had the opportunity to go down the trail "frog pond" which drops you into the USO berms into the pro-jump. I never realized just how big that thing is. :hmmm:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
heres 2 pics of the jump

the lip of the jump is on the left and the start of the landing is on the very right.
US_Open_2007_92.jpg

Picture043-1.jpg

yea i deff dont think you could jump that on your hard tail. i came up alitle short yesterday because of the wind and ate up all 8.8" of travel in the rear. the tire actually came up and hit the seat and i only weight 165.

You can jump it on a full rigid, just don't f up! Some of the bmx trails in the Bethlehem, pa area have 35' sets

anrothar

entirely thrilled
35' +. there're bmx dirt jumps that big in new jersey too, but i'm sworn to secrecy on their location. got a cyanide pill and everything.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
35' +. there're bmx dirt jumps that big in new jersey too, but i'm sworn to secrecy on their location. got a cyanide pill and everything.

There are trails I used to ride right down the street that have a 30' set, I know the jersey guys are representing

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep

It's great to have someone around that still has honor and understands "the code"................

Top Bottom