Diablo Park Pass purchased. now need a DH helmet

njkayaker

Any LBS stock DH helmets? I can purchase online but would prefer to see it in person and make sure I get a good fit.
Thanks

Johnny Utah

Most do not. Make sure you buy a snug fit. I tend to be a large across the board in xc and full face helmets if that helps.

Light is nice in the full face world. If you want to go cheap I have a large giro you can grab for $20

njkayaker

Most do not. Make sure you buy a snug fit. I tend to be a large across the board in xc and full face helmets if that helps.

Light is nice in the full face world. If you want to go cheap I have a large giro you can grab for $20
Thanks but I am probably going to be a small to med. Great deal though

Ian F

DH gear really seems to be a chicken-egg problem when it comes to bike shops. Everyone buys online because shops don't stock anything. Shops don't stock anything because everyone buys online.

Down Cycles in NY used to be a heavy DH-oriented shop, but I don't know how much they keep in stock anymore.

Helmets are tough if you have a head on the small side. I have a hell of a time finding ones that fit comfortably. I really need a new DH helmet for this year (my current helmet is a NLA Vigor carbon model that is over a decade old), but finding one that fits has proven very difficult.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you want to go cheap I have a large giro you can grab for $20
Since he's a small, any chance I can swoop in on this? Know anyone that could transport it to Short Track? I measured out to like 60.5cm. I think Large Giro would be fine since they don't have an XL is a lot of their sizing.

Johnny Utah

You can grab it but I'm not sure I have transportation to the short track race . I could give it to @Flaubert when we ride but I think he only rides trainer now.

RobW

If you guys do see eachother, just let me know and I'll PayPal him. Thanks.
One day we will cross paths and I'll be like....
image.jpeg

I am signed up for every short track race. I'm sure I'll see him before the second or third.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just bought the same SixSixOne Comp helmet that I rented at Mountain Creek the first time I went, but in a different color. Having worn it all day, I knew it fit and was comfortable.

Top Bottom