DH40 (Dark Horse 40)

CrossAddict

Is anyone going over to Stewarts this weekend to ride the DH40 Loop???

Saturday works for me. I'll be available most of the day.:)

Or

Sunday Morning Early Early.

Peace

-rf

CrossAddict

Ride Leader???

I hate getting up real early. So 8-8:30 ish

I have to tell you I don't know the DH40 loop.

I was hoping someone would lead it. ;)

-rf

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bill and I were supposed to ride last Sunday, but he ditched me for *someone* else...

CrossAddict

You would think he is a man of his word, but just because someone offered to show him some of the sweetest technical riding on the planet he jumps ship. Typical Boonton boy.

-rf

is it boonton or booton ? I forget :confused:

liong71er

ni hao norm xin sang,..are going to race this one too!
i'll race that SS class.i know you did good on your last racing.:)

liong71er

i did'nt have chinese word program on computer,..so no word shown on the screen:),..but thanks for your response norm!!:D

maddawg

dh40 course.

course map is posted on the blog.
http://darkhorse40.blogspot.com/

we will be marking the course this weekend. it may be partially marked by saturday night and should be 95-100% by sunday evening.

please feel free to come out and pre-ride. if you see us in there stop and say hi!

course is a little different this year and i think you guys will dig the changes!

TonyC

dh40 course.

course map is posted on the blog.
http://darkhorse40.blogspot.com/

we will be marking the course this weekend. it may be partially marked by saturday night and should be 95-100% by sunday evening.

please feel free to come out and pre-ride. if you see us in there stop and say hi!

course is a little different this year and i think you guys will dig the changes!

Sweet! the course looks great. Especially missing the gravel road hill climb ;)
I can't wait for the cool Darkhorse Vibe.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok. I bailed on the original pre-ride but it didn't really seem to be comn together.

Unfortunately I am heading north this weekend and I will be in Minnesota all next week. I may get up there next Friday.

CrossAddict

Sunday ???

Well, it looks good for Sunday as my wife and son are going down to the in-laws. I got out of it as I have to plant some shrubs. First I'll have to ride the DH40 loop twice and then chill out and watch the end of the tour. I might get to the shrubs :hmmm:

I hammered 67miles of hills today with DF from Westwood Velo (Cat 2 Climber) and averaged over 20mph. :drooling: Then 3 cubic yards of soil was delivered and I had to get it out of the Driveway and into its respective spots.

I told my wife I'm not used to this type of labor.

"Don't you know that I need my rest and recovery time ???" :rofl:

Tomorrow its off for and easy 2-3hrs in the morning and DH40 on Sunday.

I'll probably ride the DH40 loop around 10-11 am now that I'll have most of the day.

peace baby b's

-RF

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
ahhh....the DH40.
I am still on the fence about this, I haven't been riding enough this year, but that race is a lot of fun and great food at the end AND "being that stewart is a state forest, not a state park, you are free to have and consume adult beverages." last year those cool ones at the end were a GIFT FROM HEAVEN ;)

RNG1

Is the 40 essentially the same kind of trails as the Gallop? I am trying to figure out if I can handle this as I will be getting my hand out of a cast on tuesday. I know if it were like ringwood or wayway I don't think I could handle the pounding yet but I remember the gallop as not being too tough on the body and I was really looking forward to doing this one. Any insight is appreciated.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know you're itching to ride and race again but a 40 mile mountain bike race 5 days after you get your cast off is asking for trouble. You're still in contention for the overall H2H series. It would be a shame to push it too early and have you knock yourself out for the rest of the year.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rob,

I agree with Norm on this one. It's a great race, just not worth re-injuring your wrist. Shoot for next yr.

CrossAddict

DH40 pre-ride feedback

I've never done the DH40, but I went and rode the couse today twice and it was tons of fun. Hats off to the dark horse guys for posting the course this weekend. I love riding at stewarts and the Dh40 loop was pure sweetness. There is not a lot of climbing on the course, but 40 miles is sure to wear on most people. I'm going to try and get over there again on Wednesday and pre-ride again. I need more of that singletrack. I was grining smiles ear to ear on the loop today. Thanks Dark Horse. :D:D:D

peace,

roger

RNG1

Rob,

I agree with Norm on this one. It's a great race, just not worth re-injuring your wrist. Shoot for next yr.

I know you're itching to ride and race again but a 40 mile mountain bike race 5 days after you get your cast off is asking for trouble. You're still in contention for the overall H2H series. It would be a shame to push it too early and have you knock yourself out for the rest of the year.

I appreciate it guys, you may be the voices of reason. I hadn't even mentioned the idea to my wife yet...but I figured I would wait to see how I feel. I have been putting a lot of road miles in but with more or less one hand and resting the bum one on the bars. I just don't think I could hang on to the bars when things get rough. Also without knowing the course I figured for 40mi it must be a lot of smooth stuff but maybe I'm wrong. When I saw the updated series results my instincts kicked in and said get ready for sept. but I was looking forward to doing a distance ride off road and the gallop was really great.

Top Bottom