DH race schedule

dhsean

That's been the question all Winter. They have the Gravity East Finals in October but nothing has been posted for there series. I'm not one to start rumors but it is a little odd that a schedule is not out yet.

'm thinking we should post a race schedule thread in the DH forum to list all the events. There is also a 3 race series being held at Camel Back this year.

Ian F

Yeah... does seem strange... Lazlo usually doesn't wait this long...

I see Diablo has posted their dates:

http://diablofreeridepark.com/diablogravitycalendar.html

May 17, 2009 _ Diablo Gravity Series #1 _ Downhill _
July 11, 2009 Diablo Gravity Series #2 IndyCross Giant Slalom
July 12, 2009 Diablo Gravity Series #2 Downhill
August 22, 2009 Diablo Gravity Series #3 IndyCross Giant Slalom
August 23, 2009 Diablo Gravity Series #3 Downhill
September 12, 2009 Diablo Gravity Series #4 IndyCross Giant Slalom
September 13, 2009 Diablo Gravity Series #4 Downhill
October 17, 2009 Diablo Gravity Series #5 IndyCross Giant Slalom
October 18, 2009 Diablo Gravity Series #5 Downhill

Plus the US Open on May 22-24

Gravity East series... damn... that's a lot of races...

#1 Massanuten Resort VA - May 8-9 - DH
#2 Wisp Resort MD - June 5-7 DH - DS
#3 Seven Springs Resort PA - June 13-14 DH
#4 Windham Resort, NY June 27th-28th DH - DS
#5 Highland Mountainbike Park NH - July 11-12 DH-DS
#6 Attitash Mountain, NH - July 18-19 DH Only
#7 Sugarbush Resort VT - August 1-2 DH Only
#8 Whiteface Resort 5K NY - Aug. 29-30 DH
#9 Blue Mtn Resort PA - Sept 26-27 DH - DS
#10 Mount Snow, VT Oct 3-4 DH-DS
#11 Plattekill NY - GES Final Oct 10-11 DH - DS

Daniel McDonald - GES Director
http://www.gravityeastseries.com

Wow... did Diablo and GES actually talk to each other? I see there's no date conflicts... which was always something that Lazlo seemed too arrogant to do...

Holy sh1t! A DH race at Blue Mtn??? damn... I may just come out of DH racing retirement for that one... I've been dreaming of riding DH on that mtn for years...

Last edited:

familyman

nice, lots to choose from I do remember that plattys always late.Does mt creek still run open format or do they do age groups?

Ian F

nice, lots to choose from I do remember that plattys always late.Does mt creek still run open format or do they do age groups?

Yup. Age groups for amatures, although the age range is rather... broad... :confused: :

Intro Men Junior: ages 18 and under
Intro Men Senior: ages 19 and over
Intro Women: all ages
Amateur Men Junior: ages 18 and under
Amateur Men Senior: ages 19 and over
Amateur Women: all ages
PRO Men: all ages
PRO Women: all ages

http://diablofreeridepark.com/diablogravityinfo.html

dhsean

I'll be 37 this year. Hell, if you remember Crazy Jay "Yards Brewery" jersey - he's racing 40+ this past year and managed to beat me just about every race by a few seconds. You just have to train 3 times as hard to be half as fast. No more rolling off the couch after a heavy night of drinking to win races.

Ian F

I'll be 37 this year. Hell, if you remember Crazy Jay "Yards Brewery" jersey - he's racing 40+ this past year and managed to beat me just about every race by a few seconds. You just have to train 3 times as hard to be half as fast. No more rolling off the couch after a heavy night of drinking to win races.

Do I know Crazy Jay??? Hell yeah! I was racing with him for years... I'll be 39 this year... I see he finally slowed down enough to start doing well... his usual riding style was all-out... he'd be super-fast, but was rarely able to do a race run without crashing. I only managed beat him a couple of times when the conditions were really crappy and simply staying on your bike would net a good finish (and staying on my bike is something I was always pretty good at) - the first Snowshoe event in 2001 where I finished 7th and he was well down in the 30's and a Plattekill race when I got 10th (my best ever Platty finish) and he was a few places back.

Our early nick-name for him was "bowling ball" as it seemed like everytime we saw him, he was crashing... usually going down really hard... he used to put down as his race team, "Have Fun Racing"...

Great guy...

Ian F

Thats tuff, I slowed dwn after 35.

I hear ya... I stopped racing back in 2003 (the '03 Snowshoe NCS was the last race I did). I just wasn't having fun anymore... and for whatever reason, all the waiting around associated with DH racing just really got to me... :(

Top Bottom