Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • This board is no place for that non-sense

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Shaggz

A strong 7
I was opposed to the TDNJ forum when it was created. It was put in place prior to our acquisition of the site (jake and i were moderators at the time). In hind sight it makes sense since there seems to be a lot of MTB'ers who ride road bikes (not sure if a lot of roadies ride mtb, but that is fodder for another thread :rolleyes:).

The major issue is, will it be utilized? Folks requested a separation of the "Allamuchys", and new forums for Ted Stiles and High Mountain. Not too much activity in there, but I realize that the Trail Directory holds different content than the general forums. My other concern is keeping the "drama" contained in that forum. I *think* we have been pretty successful in keeping a lot of the thread jacking crap down to a minimum, as a result of being more liberal in the Off Topic forum.

One approach to this is if there is little to no demand, let it be, the other is build it and they will come.

Last edited:

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
The only forum I visit is "show all posts since last visit", so it wouldn't have any effect on me either way. ;)

J

Jeff

As a DH rider who prides myself on riding my bike where everyone says it's impossible or impractical, I always thought that a DH forum would be a nice little hub for my style of rider on this site. Not that I can't find interest or like minds in the other sections, but I think there are enough topics branching from DH riding specifically to warrant another forum for it. It would definitely prompt me to check the site more often, as well as going there specifically to look for other riders interested in the same type of ride (taking a DH on a long road ride mixed with lots of rough trail riding and single track along the way). I dunno, food for thought...

olegbabich

If you are not getting rid of Roadie forum, I would like to see a Unicycle forum, a Recombent bike forum, and a Big Wheels forum!!!!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I think adding DH and FR forums (not one for both) are no-brainers. Costs nothing and can only add members. Look how busy ridemonkey is now -- much more used than MTBR amongst the DH and FR crowds.

If your goal is to have like-minded people posting, then skip it. If your goal is to grow the site, then do it.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
If you are not getting rid of Roadie forum, I would like to see a Unicycle forum, a Recombent bike forum, and a Big Wheels forum!!!!

or a tandem bike forum
tart.jpg

Top Bottom