Developing a High School MTB Club

J

joanqs

you should contact Janet Bordino. She handles all the clubs for W.M. public schools. I started a Yogalates club this year which required nothing more then a paragraph detailing the activity. You can also check with Gregg Zackeroff, he and myself organize ski club-however he handles all of the administrative requirements and probably has information on insurance issues, etc..

xc62701

you should contact Janet Bordino. She handles all the clubs for W.M. public schools. I started a Yogalates club this year which required nothing more then a paragraph detailing the activity. You can also check with Gregg Zackeroff, he and myself organize ski club-however he handles all of the administrative requirements and probably has information on insurance issues, etc..

I know Janet well. I am the advisor for the Ski and Snowboard Club already so I'll use her as an asset for info to help get this going. I'm going to ride the trails by the high school today to see what's back there and if in fact maybe more can be built. I've already sighted up some nice lines that could be built but it depends who's property I'm looking at. Hopefully it's the school's.

xc62701

I did some recon Tuesday and there are quite a few trails behind our football field that could be developed into a sweet trial system with just a little TLC. Well that and maybe cutting a switchback or two. They aren't in bad conditions and would probably be very suitable for what I'm looking to do. There's even a makeshift dirt bike track that has some jumps and stuff on it that would be very condusive to working on skills and such before even going into the woods. This is all sounding very promising! I still have more to explore but the trails are more extensive than I thought.

J

joanqs

i would do a little investigating with you if you want the company. i know there are some trails by Macopin too, behind the tennis courts. Not sure how deep that section is though. Random questions follows: What night does the highschool ski club go to the Creek? We go on Thursdays.

xc62701

i would do a little investigating with you if you want the company. i know there are some trails by Macopin too, behind the tennis courts. Not sure how deep that section is though. Random questions follows: What night does the highschool ski club go to the Creek? We go on Thursdays.

Yea those are the trails I was on. Went up right behind the tennis courts up to the dumping ground/dirtbike track and then proceeded to follow the trails back into the woods. There's quite a bit there. Have you tried any of those out? I need to bring my GPS back there and map it out a bit. There's a lot of potential. I bet there could be a 3-4 mile loop put together on those trails alone. Then if you link the trails behind the HS football field down to Westbrook together more fun could be had.

We go Wednesday nights to Creek.

S

Shar0se

it's really awesome that you are putting so much effort into this! nice work!!

Top Bottom