Deer Shotgun season Dec 8 - 13

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Just a reminder that shotgun season is next week in Northern NJ.
Monday December 8 thru Saturday December 13. You could encounter many hunters with guns during this week.

Jungle Habitat, Ringwood, Ramapo, and Wayway are popular hunting spots.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
As long as Dick Cheney ain't hunting I feel ok being in woods w/hunters. Plaxico Burress is looking for a posse to go clubing this weekend:getsome:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just to add to this it is black powder season right now and small game is open so do wear bright colors, rode deer park yesterday and there was at least 20 to 30 hunters with guns so be prepared. By the way what is it about these guys who like to sit right on the trails do they think these are deer trails? Before you start to teach me about hunting know that I hunted through my teens and twentys. Just don't find it's for me anymore but still like target and trap shooting.

kush

chris and i rode baldpate early this morning, and came across a crouching hunter. he had the bait laid out and everything. likewise, he was just off the trail.

i gave him a friendly wave, and he did not shoot me. all good.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just to add to this it is black powder season right now and small game is open so do wear bright colors, rode deer park yesterday and there was at least 20 to 30 hunters with guns so be prepared. By the way what is it about these guys who like to sit right on the trails do they think these are deer trails? Before you start to teach me about hunting know that I hunted through my teens and twentys. Just don't find it's for me anymore but still like target and trap shooting.

no preaching here. i've shot more than my fair share of critters and truth be told, would love to start bird hunting again. but, with all my time devoted to family, bikes and work, well, not much room for much else. hell, i didn't even get to fly fish this year!

but, to be OT, be aware that the hunting days are also starting at LM...as of yesterday i think. but those guys are "sharp shooters" so we're all very safe. :D

oh, and no clue why these guys sit on the trails.

DD-

... By the way what is it about these guys who like to sit right on the trails do they think these are deer trails?...

Funny story - last fall, me, Allamuchy Joe, Tonyride, Dufus and a few others were riding at KVSP. We were on off the rail trail on a singletrack that is between the rail trail and Goodale Road. There was a hunter in full camo sitting on the trail with his back against a tree and his legs out straight. He looked like a new log over on the trail - imagine his surprise seeing 8 mountain bikers coming at him with the intent of riding over his legs (thinking it was a log) :rofl::rofl:

I don't get why they like to site on the trails, maybe they think the deer will walk right up to them? :hmmm:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
chris and i rode baldpate early this morning, and came across a crouching hunter. he had the bait laid out and everything. likewise, he was just off the trail.

i gave him a friendly wave, and he did not shoot me. all good.

hmm? baiting prey with food is illegal but pouring deer urine over is not.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I believe both LM and CR will be closed on Wednesdays for the next few weeks.

At LM, they only close the park in the morning, and they go through with 4 wheelers and guns. There are usually rangers at both gates, so you can't really mistakenly ride in there.

At CR, I think they half-heartedly put tape up, which many people blow through. Either way I'd avoid those parks on Wednesdays until we get the all clear signal.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Funny story - last fall, me, Allamuchy Joe, Tonyride, Dufus and a few others were riding at KVSP. We were on off the rail trail on a singletrack that is between the rail trail and Goodale Road. There was a hunter in full camo sitting on the trail with his back against a tree and his legs out straight. He looked like a new log over on the trail - imagine his surprise seeing 8 mountain bikers coming at him with the intent of riding over his legs (thinking it was a log) :rofl::rofl:

I don't get why they like to site on the trails, maybe they think the deer will walk right up to them? :hmmm:

haha! hey floyd how did you make out hunting today not so good I didn't see any deer and i got run over by six crazy mt. bikers luckly the last one bunnyhopped me!

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG

Yeah, tend to stay out of the Allamuchy during Shotgun week. I figure it is there small window of opportunity to use the park for what they like to do.

Mattybfat, What kind of weapons do you have? I'm not a hunter either, but DD and I have got a Remington 870 and a lWinchester Wildcat bolt action .22.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, tend to stay out of the Allamuchy during Shotgun week. I figure it is there small window of opportunity to use the park for what they like to do.

Mattybfat, What kind of weapons do you have? I'm not a hunter either, but DD and I have got a Remington 870 and a lWinchester Wildcat bolt action .22.

jc whitney 12ga. pump smith&wesson 20ga and .22 beretta hand gun.

jimjo

i like to ride around in one of these during hunting season
it adds a bigger challenge than the normal rocks and roots

Attachments

• 10510[1].jpg
    10510[1].jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 76
Top Bottom