Deer Park Trail Work!

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Hey just wanted to give a big shout out to the Plumber (Keith C.), hardtail70, and Jeff O (from Cyclecraft, Long Valley) for the work they did yesterday at Deer Park!!! The trio worked on one of the social trails coming out of the first parking lot making the trail more sustainable. This project was scouted out in advance and approved. As part of this work, they shut down the other unmarked trail starting from the first lot, which has several sections that are muddy most of the year.

Work on the other section include bench cutting an off camber sections, and re-routing a low lying portion of trail to higher ground. We will be working with the Park to make this trail an "official marked trail" this year.

We ask everyone to respect the closing of the one trail and not to use it or reopen it.

Again thanks guys for the hard work!!!

Bob W.

Robin

First time back to DP since the work on the trail out of the lot - LOVE the new route...thank you so much for all the hard work! :popcorn:

pedals

Really lookin foward to diggin in at my favorite park tomorrow morn.I hear we will be working on another well known wet section? I'll bring tools. Ride to follow of course !! Maybe I'll bring the SS, she's been lonely lately...

Robin

Can't wait to give back to my favorite park - I'll be bringing my new wheels, so Pedals, you're bike will have some big-wheel company!

Spylab

Today was probably one of the best days I have ever ridden at Deer Park.

Starting off with low 70s, light breeze, no humidity and sunny skies the past few days is certainly a good way to set the tone. The trails were in impeccable shape; besides the weather drying out just about every perma-wet spot, the trail work and brush-back was noticed and highly appreciated. Definitely want to pitch in next time.

Met up with a big ole bear who wasn't paying me much mind, but otherwise have little else to say except that NOW is the time to get those bikes to Deer Park! Great work all.

pedals

I saw a big bear too-- We came up behind it walking down the red trail towards the lake. We stopped and it ambled out of the way, turning back to look at us.

Robin

Took the kiddies there today with camp - and trails were fabulous! Great work on the trails - thank you!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom