Deer Park Snow Hike Sunday 12/2 9am

Wazu

The hike for tomorrow is still a big 10-4 at Deer Park. 9am. Hopefully the weather will be torrential so it's more memorable. Anyone is welcome and the pace will be less urgent than usual but not a stroll down memory lane either. No one will be dropped, just secretly laughed at till you reach us. Then we'll encourage you like you're doing great. I'd love to see a great turnout. With any luck there will be pure white branches everywhere!!!

N

Neen

where exactly is the Deer Park parking lot? I am not all that familiar with Allamuchy! :hmmm:

Wazu

neen, Mare, Ry............great hike! And in the snow no less. That was really invigorating and beautiful. Snow made the hike feel a few miles longer than it was. I just put my daughter down and I might do the same. Afternoon nap after snow hiking > Oh yeah!

N

Neen

oh it definately felt long!:rolleyes: I feel as though I've earned the right to camp out on the couch for the rest of the day! It was awesome, the dog hasn't moved since we came in the house.:D

Mare

I just put my daughter down

Hee! I had to reread that a few times.

Wow, was it cold! It didn't get above 20 degrees for any part of the hike. The snow was beautiful and it definitely tired Opie and me out. So glad we got out and did that grueling hike, which Wazu calls a leisure hike. I think I finally met someone who challenges me on foot!

Thanks for a great day!

Wazu

I sent the pics to my pc and deleted them systematically from my phone as I went along. Only problem was that half the pics didnt make it. I have some other marginal pics that made it. Here they are. BTW Mare...had a great time as usual. You guys missed it but when I was jogging the home stretch up the last hill Cali and I came upon a woman holding her child up in her arms and her husband holding his poodle by the collar. As we were passing them Cali went to the rear of the poodle and then snapped at the poodle's neck! They started to yell at me when I told them that it wasn't my dog and that it was following me, which it was. The husband responded sarcastically, "Yeah, and this ain't my wife and kid either!" I said, "No, no really, this isn't my dog. Follow me to my car and watch me drive away without her." A hundred more feet down the trail I yelled, "Here Cali! C'mon girl!" Good times.

Attachments

• 1202070830.jpg
    1202070830.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 1202070828.jpg
    1202070828.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 1202070905.jpg
    1202070905.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 1202070926.jpg
    1202070926.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Wazu

I can't ride because I have hand issues healing up in the off season so I am relegated to hiking. The hiking seems to be becoming a popular Winter -Blues cross training option. I expect there will be between 7 to 10 of us on the next hike on Sunday. The question is where. I'll be posting the hike sometime today. You should come and use those muscles your bike totally forgot about.

N

Neen

stb - ya gotta mix it up once in a while. Nothing like a hike in the snow with good friends :)

Wazu

neen, you available for a hike next sunday? If you are we can hike by you. If not I'm gonna post another Deer park hike. Lemme know!:)

Mare

Too funny about Kali, poodle, not your dog, and calling her to come with you.

You should have called him on it...if that was not his wife, ask for her number! Ha!

N

Neen

Wazu, I'm out for next Sunday. Promised I'd help at the animal shelter in the morning, since I missed yesterday. Take pictures so I know what I missed!

Top Bottom