Deer Park Conditions

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
2/8 just got back from a 2+hr. ride and was delightfully surprised by the conditions, been out there the last couple times that the temps got above 40 and had very sluggish rides. Not today a hard packed base from riding exclusively here all winter made for excellent riding, some soft spots but none to discouraging. What was amazing was most of the base was ice with grip not once did I lose traction on the climbs. I don't ride with studs but would suspected they would be needed if we get a freeze this week. Will be definitely hitting it again tomorrow.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
2/11 with recent temps it has now made it a good idea to stay off the trails until we get a substantial freeze again....

lou_b_83

I was out there yesterday 6/2/09. A lot of the trails (mainly white and red) are starting to get closed in by pricker bushes. Might need a Jorba team to do a walk with trimmers.

kidzach

Red Trail Work

My thanks to the person and/or persons who made the small brook crossing on the Red Trail.Great work , a lot of time was spent I noticed. I have been noticing a few black snakes about 3 feet or longer.Anyone know what type of snakes these are? Never have seen these before.I know it's not a Gardner, no yellow or green lines just black.

Robin

Conditions 6/8

Rode white, red, blue and yellow trails today. All in great condition - mostly hard pack. The usual mucky areas are still mucky - but not too bad considering the rain we've had.

M

mutiny5754

Rode white, red, blue and yellow trails today. All in great condition - mostly hard pack. The usual mucky areas are still mucky - but not too bad considering the rain we've had.

I rode white today comin from waterloo rd parking goin up the hill towards 517 ended up turning around broke 2 spokes and bent rear wheel...You live in flanders??

Robin

Ouch - never done that route - start at the small parking area just north of 80 (on Route 517)? Not familiar with that...

Yep - live in Mount Olive/Flanders.

M

mutiny5754

i dunno where that trail part is...i just know we did followed the white trail and it was tough..rocky and technical, at least for my level.

argyle

First time ever riding there today. Mostly dusty with some low lying areas mucky. That place is fun. You can keep a great pace just watch out for the boy scouts hikers. So many of those little guys.

rlb

Does anyone have a recent conditions update? I'm thinking of riding here tomorrow early AM if conditions permit

rlb

Has anyone been out to see what the trails look like? Looking to hit some dirt tomorrow, hopefully!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Has anyone been out to see what the trails look like? Looking to hit some dirt tomorrow, hopefully!

75% almost there best bet here maybe north only cause it sheds water better then the others. But you never know this time of year...

GregE21

DP was great today. The first and second stream crossing was fun, but I would boulder hop the river. Not cause you can't make it, but the water is high and is starting to erode the entry/exit. The damn at the beginning was high, but no problem to blaze right through it...

A few new downed trees, but someone has built up the larger trees with more logs to make them more manageable.

The rhythm section was fast and seemed smoother now than it did in the fall. Doesn't look like it has been maintained.

Not sure what is going on next to DP pond and why they are making a new, small pond. If anyone know what's up, let me know.

Greg...

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom