December 253rd: Giving Tuesday

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
After a very long haul, my company was able to resubmit our application to get our drug reviewed and approved by the FDA. It’s a cancer drug, so patients need it. Feels like we corporately climbed Mount Everest to get here. I have a personal vendetta against cancer and to be part of something like this feels good.

I got back on the bike and have managed to not get injured again. Getting my legs back slowly and surely. Been sneaking in solo TMs too which I like

JORBA kicking some butt with Nassau. Psyched on that.

Restored another old Honda motorcycle, and unfortunately I have become attached to this one. Normally I can let them come and go but this one may stick around for a while.

My son has taken to the mountain bike and ridden Six Mile, Chimney Rock and Sourlands with me. And he got his black belt in Tae Kwon Do. My daughter is next up for her black belt in April. She took to loving to ride on the local paths and streets so hopefully she’ll be a dirt convert in the near future.

Last edited:

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
in random order...

-Trip to KT with the team
-Riding in Santa Cruz
-Riding in Colorado
-Got belay certified at Gravity Vault
-completed the July 31 Day Challenge
-older son transitioned back to public school for his freshman year in HS, after being "out of district" since 2nd grade
-watched younger son compete on network TV on ANW Jr
-successful year at work after two dismal years

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
-Picked up a sweet new to me hardtail that i'm loving for CHEAP (and was able to successfully sell the 16 year old bike it's replacing)
-Rode Pisgah again
-A lot of great TM accomplished at Sourlands - especially lower trail drainage
-psyched on new trail project at Nassau/High Bridge

w_b

Hard to just give one. Tis the giving season, after all.
I, too, met (and rode with) fruit cake. It may have been late 2018, tho.

Today you get 4 + 4:
Met a few mtbnj-ers for the first time, even rode with some of them. Good times; names withheld for deniability.
Tried a couple new locales to ride. Need to do more of this.
Got my twins onto "real" bikes; 24" Konas from @one piece crank . They are diggin 'em.
Donated some old frames to good causes, 'cause setting up for New Bike Day (someday, maybe soon...)

Non-bikish, managed to notch 14yrs. with my current employer. Unbelievable.
Finally had my guy fix up my umbilical hernia that I lived with for years. Shoulda done it sooner, jackass. Don't be like me in this respect.
My lovely bride decided enough with gall bladders, successfully eliminated by her guy who was a girl.
Family vaca in Kennebunkport, ah-yuh. Wicked good.

Happy BIYF!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My company paid for me to travel to Berlin for a party, so I brought my wife along and we hit Prague and Vienna on our way to Budapest, which is where my dad was born. It was our first time visiting the homeland, and we still have one cousin that lives there, so it was cool to meet him and hang out.

taylor185

Team MTBNJ Halter's
solid year overall.
-- turned 40
-- built up two road bikes (one new & one new to me)
-- built up my first set of wheels
-- about to finish off a full cross season. feel good about my fitness and racing.
-- fun trip to St. John with extended family. Awesome to share that experience with my son.
-- good summer New England road trip with wife
-- spent quality time with wife while she was on a summer sabbatical.
-- son still loves to ride a bike and is itching to race some jr cross races next year. he even saved enough money to buy a bmx bike.

ekuhn

Currently on the largest project dollar wise of my career.
Hit both Pats and Gino's in the same night (meat sweats).
Did my first (metric) century.
Rode my bike in NYC for the first time.
Completed 31/31 again.
Took up grilling/smoking. Loving the flavors.
Traveled a lot in no particular order. Vegas, Adirondacks, Poconos, Nashville, and Cancun.
Bought a bigger house with more property.
Do need to find more time to ride/for me tho.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
shall we go in order

join team MTBNJ
Kingdom trails trip with said team
met fruitcake at mtbnj wildcat ride (briefly)
Broke 4k miles on the year mid Nov
bought first set of bike lights ever(just got delivered today)

possibly more to come. . . .

Mare

• Riding my bike more
  • Riding my bike more with cool peeps more
  • Riding my bike more with cool peeps more while caring less about being more responsible, but still being somewhat responsible (promotion and finished 1/2 of grad school!!)
  • Got a new gravel bike
  • Almost ready to get a new MTB (once I decide which one I want)
  • Drinking a spinach smoothie every morning
  • Pet a dog yesterday

BCurry

Was able to go to California and ride bikes! Took an actual full week vacation with the family and traveled to Quebec.
MTBed with wife and daughter several times
Rediscovered love for the ocean and caught a few waves with the youngling
Learned how to do an Ollie on a skateboard

Top Bottom