decals

ArmyOfNone

I was checking the rear window of an suv and admiring some of its decals.

I was looking at the mtbnj.com pic and thought that would make something cool to stick up on my window or event on my bike!

I think that first Jason would have to give the thumbs up on the idea. I know a few places where i think they could be made up. I think it would be a cool unique thing to have.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
When I had a vinyl cutter, I made a bunch of these. I believe this is how steve found the website actually. I'd be willing to work with a local vinyl cutter to make them up but they take some work to put on because of all the layers.

ArmyOfNone

how big of a decal is it? how many layers?

I dont know much about how these are made. But can they not just take the image and make it up?

Jay can or would you mind sending me the image? My gfs mom deals with a bunch of business that deal with this kinda stuff. Im gonna see what i can find.

frod1011@gmail.com

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When I had a vinyl cutter, I made a bunch of these. I believe this is how steve found the website actually. I'd be willing to work with a local vinyl cutter to make them up but they take some work to put on because of all the layers.

thats how i found it. saw your pickup at the tourne about a week after i bought my fuel.

but, to stay ON TOPIC what happened to them? there is probably a big enough user base now to sell, say, 10 of 'em. :D

Shaggz

A strong 7
i would even settle for those oval ones, like you see on the cars in europe. i found a place on line that'll do 'em in 2 different sizes, multiple color choices for 5 bucks, no minimum.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
and what did you do with the vinyl cutter?

I sold it a year or so ago. I just wasn't using it enough and it took up too much space.

how big of a decal is it? how many layers?

I dont know much about how these are made. But can they not just take the image and make it up?

Jay can or would you mind sending me the image? My gfs mom deals with a bunch of business that deal with this kinda stuff. Im gonna see what i can find.

frod1011@gmail.com

I believe that one is about 10" wide. It's made up of 6 layers and obviously three colors. It actually isn't all that much vinyl. The tricky part is placing them. You can't really put it together before placing it on your car. You'll have to put one layer on at a time. I think I did mine in about 6 or 7 minutes. The trick is soapy water so you can slide the sticker around and center it.

I have to dig out the illustrator file but I'll try and separate the different color.

thats how i found it. saw your pickup at the tourne about a week after i bought my fuel.

but, to stay ON TOPIC what happened to them? there is probably a big enough user base now to sell, say, 10 of 'em. :D

let me get the file created and see what prices I can get for them. I could go another route and get printed vinyl but IMO they don't look nearly as nice or last as long.

i would even settle for those oval ones, like you see on the cars in europe. i found a place on line that'll do 'em in 2 different sizes, multiple color choices for 5 bucks, no minimum.

Do they have a website?

Jason

JORBA.ORG
http://www.mtbnj.com/files/mtbnj_vinyl_sticker.zip

Check it out. There is a file for each color. You can use whatever you'd like to replace yellow if that isn't your cup of tea. Any vinyl sign shop can cut this up and it really shouldn't cost all that much.

If anyone needs help putting these on, let me know.

-jay

Spylab

I work in a sign shop and would be able to do them for you. Better than your previous method, I can use our Gerber Edge foil printer to print the different colors on white vinyl, then die cut it to the overall shape. In the end, it's one piece of vinyl that goes on and it completely durable from the elements.

Basically, I could either act as a hub (Mtbnj members pay me individually, and I ship to them), or I could just be the subcontractor (Jason orders x quantity from me, I ship to him, he distributes to all of you). If the interest is there, let me know which way you'd like to swing, and so long as I'm provided with a nice clean vector EPS or AI file and a quantity, this would be no problem for me.

Let me know.

Mike

Jason

JORBA.ORG
I work in a sign shop and would be able to do them for you. Better than your previous method, I can use our Gerber Edge foil printer to print the different colors on white vinyl, then die cut it to the overall shape. In the end, it's one piece of vinyl that goes on and it completely durable from the elements.

Basically, I could either act as a hub (Mtbnj members pay me individually, and I ship to them), or I could just be the subcontractor (Jason orders x quantity from me, I ship to him, he distributes to all of you). If the interest is there, let me know which way you'd like to swing, and so long as I'm provided with a nice clean vector EPS or AI file and a quantity, this would be no problem for me.

Let me know.

Mike

I'm not a big fan of printing on vinyl but it's certainly an easier solution.

Here's the unaltered eps at 10" http://www.mtbnj.com/files/mtbnj_sticker.zip

and here is the separated colors for cutting: http://www.mtbnj.com/files/mtbnj_vinyl_sticker.zip

What would prices be for each option? I'm not looking to make a profit so if you want to sell them that works for me.

Chris(NJ)

yea, die cut vinyl is the way to go. What about doing a 1 piece die cut where you use something like the logo on the top left of this page, but outline nj so its not all vinyl. I think that'd look pretty sick.
Only thing that sux about die cut vinyl is that it can be pretty pricey.

Top Bottom