decals

Spylab

I'm not a big fan of printing on vinyl but it's certainly an easier solution.

Keep in mind, this is not "printing" in a 4-color process type setting. I'll be using spot color foil cartridges, so based on your design I'd be using a black and sunflower yellow/imitation gold/pale orange foil on white vinyl. There are really no disadvantages, and you are assured better registration than multi-layered vinyl. I can print a test and post pics for everyone to base judgment off of.

What sizing are we talking about? That will largely determine cost, and I can do a couple different sizes if that suits everyone best...

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I'd like to get one large enough for my thule fairing and I'll probably one for my rear window as well. I'll get some measurements later on.

What is the thickness of the vinyl? I’d like something with a little bit of substance. In the past for one of my other sites we purchased spot printed vinyl and it was so thin.

Spylab

The vinyl is 2.5 mil Oracal, pretty sturdy stuff.

As for sizing at 4", that is SMALL. I think you guys would be surprised how small that would sit on your car's back window or something. 7" would probably level out a bit better, but you guys can make the final call...

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's

As for sizing at 4", that is SMALL. I think you guys would be surprised how small that would sit on your car's back window or something. 7" would probably level out a bit better, but you guys can make the final call...

keep in mind mike, that not all of us are driving silver honda minivans with HUGE rear windows. :D

ArmyOfNone

I trust the pros opinion.

how about a magnet instead

do you want a "my dogs are honor students at st. huberts dog school" sticker to go with that? possibly a 'denville hub' soccer ball?
exactly

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Sign me up for a bike and car version.

You should also make a pink version since Pink is the new black.

Glow in the dark or reflective could be cool for 24 hour stuff..

j

Spylab

so sad, but so true. welcome back 1985, i hope you enjoy your stay.

It takes a man's man to ride a bike of such dudeliness...

pink_037_lg.jpg

I'll see if I can do up some samples today. I'll post pics later on.

Spylab

Just got a chance to run a couple test decals.

You guys were right. I didn't realize that the overall dimensions are generally square, so a 7" decal feels pretty big (unless you have some sort of obsession with this site); the other size pictured is 4" wide x appx. 4" high.

The samples done were gold / sunflower yellow / copper and black on white vinyl. The light blue is the backing paper, so you can see the die-cut.

I can do the state in virtually any color you'd prefer. Pricing will be $5.00 for a pair of 4" decals shipped. If there are any questions or suggested modifications, please reply here.

If anyone is interested in having decals made up, my paypal is mike (at) spylaboratory (dot) com. Just let me know what color you want the state, and I'll be able to turn these around in a couple days. Thanks.

mtbnj.jpg

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Awesome price and they look great. I'll be picking up a few 4" for my thule rack.

-jay

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
mike, i'll take a two in the four inch flavor once we get a standard figured out (which we should...all branding efforts need standards). now, to completely contradict what i just said...any idea what they'd look like with the state colored in godzilla green? we are in the garden state after all.

but, they do look really good. jay, should we start a new thread and sticky this? any chance for just black "mtbnj.com" sticker sans the state? i still have space available on all three of my bikes.

also...if we're gonna talk about magnets...what about jerseys? i mean, at least four of us here are racing this year and three of us are mods..

Jason

JORBA.ORG
mike, i'll take a few in the four inch flavor. any idea what they'd look like in godzilla green. we are in the garden state after all. but, they do look really good. jay, should we start a new thread and sticky this? any chance for just black "mtbnj.com" sticker sans the state? i still have space available on all three of my bikes.

also...if we're gonna talk about magnets...what about jerseys? i mean, at least four of us here are racing this year and three of us are mods..

I'm going to start a new thread and stick it for sticker order details. I do want the Jerseys as well but they are so darn expensive. If we can get at least 10 people to buy then it shouldn't be a problem.

-jay

Spylab

Jay,

We should think about having some larger magnets made up for when we go to events/ races to slap them on the side of the doors of our cars

Totally do-able. I can foil print and die cut directly onto magnetic material. When the time comes, let me know the size and I'll kick back a price for you. They'll be a bit more per sq. in. than standard vinyl, but not too painful...

Spylab

Jay, let's talk on IM (mine is dyslocosaurus) or shoot a few messages/emails back and forth before we set up a "store" thread. I have the capability to do a lot of different things here, and maybe we can get a legitimate 'thing' set up for the folks here. Based on the variables with anything I make up (colors / sizes of decals, sizes of jerseys etc.), I will probably do all this stuff cut-to-order, so there will be a few days delay in shipping, but it will save in fabricating unnecessary stock that will just sit around.

I am sort of new around here, and maybe you and the other regulars can chime in on stuff you'd like for me to sort out. No embroidered stuff, no keychains or foam beer koozies or any of that junk. Decals, magnets, shirts, that sort of thing is no problem. I'll get everything organized and set up a new thread offering up what we can settle on.

I'll be able to yak later on this evening, so just let me know. Everyone is welcome to chime in, too.

Top Bottom