deathday

anrothar

entirely thrilled
so, my birthday was last month, but end of this month comes my deathday. on memorial day, may 29th, 1995, i died. for a minute. flatlined in the hospital from an asthma attackthat had lasted the whole weekend. i could celebrate it on the 29th every year, but i usually just tie it in with memorial day, since that's a national holiday and all. just thought you all should know.

anyone else have a deathday?

warcricket

Like a Jerk
that has been one of my goals in life since i was like six!
friggin awesome!
can u remember anything about it?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
nope. not from about 15 minutes before till about three days after. i was suffocating to death, so i was drifting in and out of consciousness on the way there. the closest snippet i remember, kind of, is grapping the door frame to try to get myself out of the car. but other than that, somehwere on rt 46 i think.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
That is some radical stuff Sean. No white light or anything?

I almost drowned in 1990. I am convinced that drowning is one of the better ways to go. After the initial panic it was very peaceful.

The Kalmyk

Crazy shit man....You do a great job managing asthma being all the long distance riding you have done....How is that

Wobbegong

Wow, crazy story. I know one other guy who flatlined. He said the same thing, no memory, no white light.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Crazy shit man....You do a great job managing asthma being all the long distance riding you have done....How is that

my athletic induced asthma is only mild. my main trigger is as of yet unnidentified, but is closely related to rain/humidity in this area of the country during may and june. i don't get attacks(generallly) anywhere else, no matter what the weather. another good reason to move to alaska?

Wobbegong

my athletic induced asthma is only mild. my main trigger is as of yet unnidentified, but is closely related to rain/humidity in this area of the country during may and june. i don't get attacks(generallly) anywhere else, no matter what the weather. another good reason to move to alaska?

True, the cold dry air sounds like a good match for you. Do you get attacks often?

NJ Jess

keep pedaling

Asthma does suck. Glad you are making a move to a place that allows you to continue cycling. Too many people just quit.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
True, the cold dry air sounds like a good match for you. Do you get attacks often?

i've learned to avoid what causes my attacks, as much as possible, so, only through precaution do i avoid attacks. if i were to try to live my normal life, i would be getting them frequently this time of year. take yesterday and today for instance, had to call in sick because i could feel it when i woke up, and still feel it when i went outside for a look at the conditions.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
when i was VERY young, i feel into a pool at my dad's buddies house. now im talking like 2 years old, but i remember it like it was yesterday. all i know was that i was under water for a minute or so and i seen the whole bright thing and such and than i remember waking up coughing up water after my bro pulled me out of the water. kinda crazy.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Happy Day of the Dead

Celebrate it on Nov 2nd too...
530px-Calavera.jpg

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Holy crap!

I don't have a "death day" as I have never been clinically dead.

I've had some "near death" days where I avoided death my fractions of a second or inches though.

walter

Fourth Party
My story isnt as good, I dont think I was actually dead. December 30, 1987 me and couple of friends stole a bottle of Jack Daniels from my friends dads liquor stash and went off into the woods. It was really cold with about 6 inches of snow on the ground. As it turns out, JD doesnt really appeal to a bunch of 100 pound 13 y/o's, but me and my one friend felt it necessary to drink as much of the bottle as possible.

I dont know much about what happened afterwards but I somehow managed to attempt to walk home and didnt make it. Luckily, some woman was letting her dog out or picking up the morning paper and noticed a dark mass lying in the snow in the field next to her house. She called the cops, who in turn called emt's to make sure I was still alive. I had fallen and passed out in the snow, for whatever reason my jacket was up around my chest leaving most of my scrawny torso exposed to the elements.

I woke up in the hospital about 20 hours later with my parents standing over me crying. Not a good feeling. The doctor told me my body temperature had dropped several degrees, my stomach had to be pumped and my BAC was right around .40, which is pretty much coma territory. He told me and my parents that the one thing that kept me alive was the snow, it had sort of preserved me in a way.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Sean, are you thinking what I think You're thinking?

1. Move to Alaska
2. Find a good place to ride
3. Get plastered until you fall off bike in snow.
4. Sleep it off
5. Repeat

Top Bottom