Dear Mr or Mrs Dog Walker

roc

NO
Not to worry though we ride 99% where there aren't complainers. I know this is a sore subject for the crowded trail users, trails we aren't. Quite frankly a leashed dog is an untrained dog. A very big problem in this country is humans owning dogs who treat dogs like humans, like toddlers to be exact, instead of a dog. So dogs act like nasty 2 yr old toddlers :)
I guess it's a sore topic for dog owner's, and I live in a glass house, so I can't throw any stones. There are plenty of rules I don't follow, ie the speed limit, and some other stuff. But, having been attacked by a dog as an adult on August 28, 1990, it still scares the shit out of me, when some random dog is bounding toward me on the trail. I guess many dog owner's don't understand how I could be afraid(scared shitless) of their wonderful 85lb ball of wiry muscle with big sharp teeth.
If your dog is really well trained and will come right over to you, when called, that is not the dog that bother's me. The one that is out there and you don't even see the owner? or the one whose owner tells you, don't worry, he's just being friendly! They need a fucking leash, plain and simple.
And that's all I have to say about that.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I guess it's a sore topic for dog owner's, and I live in a glass house, so I can't throw any stones. There are plenty of rules I don't follow, ie the speed limit, and some other stuff. But, having been attacked by a dog as an adult on August 28, 1990, it still scares the shit out of me, when some random dog is bounding toward me on the trail. I guess many dog owner's don't understand how I could be afraid(scared shitless) of their wonderful 85lb ball of wiry muscle with big sharp teeth.
If your dog is really well trained and will come right over to you, when called, that is not the dog that bother's me. The one that is out there and you don't even see the owner? or the one whose owner tells you, don't worry, he's just being friendly! They need a fucking leash, plain and simple.
And that's all I have to say about that.
I can respect that and have been attacked not bit on several occasions so I can understand how you feel. Most dog owners shouldn't own a dog because most dog problems are not the dog but the owner.

FatTaco

As I tell the dog walker who's dog is going nuts on its leash that has something to say or an ugly mug. Worry about your own dog mine is ignoring you and yours.

I am not worried about my dog as she is properly trained. Again we are lucky to have riding where coming across another person is far and few.

Dogs are pack animals who need to run, you want to start to have a well behaved dog treat it like a pack animal and try to run it everyday. Walking a dog is doing a disservice even though most think this is the exercise it needs.
Oh we forgot you and your dog are entitled and laws dont apply to you. Please excuse everyone we are sorry

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh we forgot you and your dog are entitled and laws dont apply to you. Please excuse everyone we are sorry
Funny part is I would bet a hundy my entitled dog is smarter then you ?

Please dont ever own a dog because your posting sounds very typical of a bad dog owner...

Mahnken

Last time I was riding at Black run preserve, I came around a bend to see a butt naked man pop up from the trail and quickly pull his shorts back up. He shit, literally a foot from the trail.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Alrighty, I'm now watching this thread. Let's let it go. At this point we're not going to have a productive conversation.

w_b

I do think many horse riders feel entitled and that the laws don’t apply to them. True story.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
There is a PI bush at Wildcat that defies statistical probability.... or is that just Max?
Oozed! Carry on.

Top Bottom