Dear Chimney Rock/Washington Valley Park

F

FallGirl1430

Dear "The Rock",

I have to say that I am very sorry for saying such terrible things about the trails you have to offer, let me explain ...

One day we parked at the Chimney Rock parking lot off Chimney Rock road and only rode the trails behind the baseball fields and left with a sour taste in my mouth. I remember saying, "Tommy, lets get outta here this place sucks". Everyone told me ... "Christina, you did the wrong trails"! (Maurice and Jim V) So one day I went back and it still stunk,
Untill today :eek:
We were driving back from NY State and Tommy and I decided to get off RT 287 and take a drive through Martinsville and over to Liberty Corner. I had drove down Newman's Lane and came upon a park called Washington Valley Park, I jumped out of the 4runner and said Holy %#$@ I was like THIS is what they are talking about, we grabbed a trail map as Tommy was looking at the map I was already running on the rain soaked trails yelling ... YIPPIE! This place looks awesome beautiful dirt, roots and stuff. I can't wait to ride there !!! :getsome:

Fallgirl

liong71er

hi fallgirl, wellcome to the rock.
n if u happen to be here pls look for me, i,llbe happy to show u the hidden beauty in this park.btw i,m w/the white box truck at the newman lane parking lot.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
We should form a group ride there. We're from Piscataway and my wife just got a new bike that I'm sure she's just itching to break in. She's still relatively new to the sport but she's got potential. We went to Kingdom Trails last year with friends and she did pretty good considering it was raining and the roots were like greased ball bearings. She was also on her old hardtail. I can pretty much handle anything at Chimney Rock but I don't know the trails well enough to keep here on the intermediate stuff.

cbiker

I did the same thing started in Chimney Rock Park and never made it to all the trails. To hit all the trails you'll have to cross roads there are good trails on both sides of Newmans Lane as well as across the street on Chimney Rock Road. For only being 600 acres the place has a much larger feel.

Craig

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i know the place real well, so i would be up for some group rides after april... if not sundays in the winter.

F

FallGirl1430

Thanks guys

Wow thank you all for the posts, if anyone wants to go to CR, ah ... it feels so good to say that now :) drop me a line, Im quite close and plan to ride MTN atleast 2-3 days per week till racing gets underway

Christina (fallgirl)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'd be willing to host a Thursday morning ride for anyone "not-in-the-know" of the Chimney Rock trail network...I know that place a little too well I think!!:D

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I'd be willing to host a Thursday morning ride for anyone "not-in-the-know" of the Chimney Rock trail network...I know that place a little too well I think!!:D
I would love to but Thursday morning is a school (work) morning for me. I only ride after work during the week and don't usually get to ride CR until the weekends.

F

FallGirl1430

Ridin' the Rock

Hi Jim,
Im not sure if I am working Thursday, I'll let ya know

Christina ... :p

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
It would seem this Thursday is definately out!! The "Rock" doesn't dry out too fast either so it looks like road Thursday mornings for a bit:)

-Jim.

Top Bottom