Dead Dark Horse

Not So Fast

I heard about this in my shop and didn't believe it. I hadn't seen any posted about this in my search so here it is. I hate to see it go. This was my only race and I loved it. I did it three times and have really great memories....Mod if this has already been discussed wipe out my thread. Thanks

"So, 10 years we hosted the Dark Horse 40...so many racers, and so many memories. After many meetings, and many beers, Rave, Hawaiian Mike, and myself have decided that the 10th annual would be the last. It got to be way too much work where it was interfering with our running of the shop, and personal family health issues became top priority. We really enjoyed hosting everyone, and feel we set the bar for what off road racing in the area has become. We hope you enjoyed the races, and by all the positive feed back over the last 10 years, we're sure you did. Enjoy the t- shirts, pint glasses, and Homer medals, and next time you fill one of our glasses with your favorite recovery drink, think of all the horse flies, poison ivy, ground hornets, and 98 degree temps you won't have to enjoy any more...many, many thanks for the support! "The Mayor"

Last edited:
this is sad news indeed.
i love racing there too,a lot good memory.
perhaps,mtbnj should take over the event race??

Last edited:
I have never done it, never even heard of that park, just came across it while browsing through bikereg.
What are the trails like?.

Back
Top Bottom