Darkhorse course marking

maddawg

our course markings consist of arrows on trees or on stakes in the ground. we have painted a few arrows on the pavement in spots where we had painted arrows before. while working on the course yesterday we noticed that someone has been marking trees with orange paint and making large orange arrows on the pavement in the general direction of the course.

WE DID NOT PUT THESE MARKING IN THE PARK!

if you know the individual(s) responsible for this we urge you to please tell them to stop! it is not ok to mark the trees! we attempt to leave as little trace as possible when we take down our markings. we have notified the DEC that these are not our doing so as not to jeopardize our relationship with them and our use of the park. we will be removing these marking on our time.

again if you know who is responsible please just tell them to stop.

thanks and look forward to seeing you all at the 40!

xc62701

I was on the course today and fully agree with the comments above. There's no reason to be marking the course the way someone did. It's the worst vandalism I have seen in a while. I hope the person that did this knows it's not cool and someone has let them know what an a$$clown they've been. If you want to remember a course...buy a GPS. (Stepping off the soapbox) Back to your regularly scheduled program...

maddawg

yeah its ridiculous.
as an update the party responsible has been apprehended. they were not mountain bikers. so hopefully we have put an end to this. we will be trying to clean up the markings as best we can.

xc62701

Yes I did see that some of the markings were being corrected. Good work up there and what a great course. I had a blast just cruising around on my preride lap yesterday.

I had a novel idea as I was cruising around the course....how about a night race there? Could it be done? Maybe like a 10 mile night time trial. That would be amazing. I'd register right now ;)

Top Bottom