Dark Horse Reports

Shaggz

A strong 7
What a great event! Kudos all around to the folks at Dark Horse. There were a LOT of MTBNJ'ers out there today, so let the post-race reports flow.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
The curse of #69...

It is said there is a curse in my class, a curse that states whoever gets #69 will not make it to end of that race. Today that curse claimed victim #5. Report to follow. :D

-Jim.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It is said there is a curse in my class, a curse that states whoever gets #69 will not make it to end of that race. Today that curse claimed victim #5. Report to follow. :D

-Jim.

DooD!

Before the race Jim said this to me. So it's not an after the fact thing. This number is cursed!!!!

RNG1

Guys,
Great job all around, well organized, great course, great weather and course conditions, not even sure how you made that happen after the storm we had by us.
I couldn't get the car pool thing to happen with 3 people but can the cool green shirts be purchased?
Thanks.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
I don't think I've ever hit the wall harder in my entire life, of 17 years.

First two laps were excellent; Cody and I were chasing each other back and forth. Then as soon as the third lap came after the hip... BAM. Granny gear the whole race.

Second place still! :D

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
n546406532_945061_2880.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good pic Jamie. The guy to the left is a guy named Aaron. On that climb he tells me that he hasn't been able to beat me yet this year. This is right after we saw a guy ahead of us go down really hard then get up like he had been hit by Tyson in his prime. We talked the whole fire road up, because the race wasn't going to be decided right there and we were just painfully grinding up the climb.

D

darkhorse

Dark Horse Gallop

Results are up at www.darkhorsecycles.com Race Rumblings...Thanks to all the racers who turned out to make this one huge memorable day! Thanks to all the volunteers without whom there would be no race!!!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow - now that's fast! I didn't even have a chance to post my pic of Mike saying everyone should go to him to complain!

Man, today is my worst result since Tymor of last year, when I blew my chain.

CrossAddict

results??

Results are up at www.darkhorsecycles.com Race Rumblings...Thanks to all the racers who turned out to make this one huge memorable day! Thanks to all the volunteers without whom there would be no race!!!!

I can't believe the results are in !!! I still have dirt on my legs.:)

Dark Horse Cycles ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RNG1

That is really amazing and I am happy to say that the times (or at least by mine) is accurate! Now I really want a shirt! and yes I do plan to do the 40 even before the results were posted.
Thanks for a great day!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Race report...

Great job Dark Horse!! Awesome course, very well done!! See you guys at the 40!! I will get my revenge on Stewart:getsome:

Here's how my day went...

http://29ercrew.com/jvreeland/06/15/710/

And here's a pic of Fred, even though it's not that good, I'm still posting it, so blah.

l_c1e16ac48cc07fffdefaf5f8a419d2a4.jpg

-Jim.

RNG1

I spoke too soon...how can there be a tie for 3rd and 4th place with the exact same time when I did not cross the line with anyone?
Check sport master men 40-44

D

darkhorse

darkhorse gallop

Simple typo...fixed Rob Glick 1:30:32...you are correct...thanks!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
2 guys passed me (J Zurawski, sport 35-39) right at the very end, so there's a tweak in the time there somewhere as well. I should be like 10 seconds behind 2 other guys. No idea who though.

RNG1

Darkhorse,
Thanks guys, didn't want to sound like an alarmist, but I figured it was my Karma somehow after making a big stink about the LM debacle. I honestly did not care which place I got as I was happy with the result and the overall event.
Thanks again and thanks for the quick fix!

Top Bottom