Dark Horse Reports

Thanks so much ...

Christina - heal up, feel better and listen to your body. I've known some people to feel well enough to get on the trainer pretty quickly, although a mid season rest is not always a negative thing.

Just for the record, Art broke his clavicle at the first race in May of 05. He was back on the trainer in a week, road bike shortly after, and raced a National in Park City 6 weeks later and took 2nd.

To Ellen, Cyclopath, Jess, Mare and Elieen ... Thank you for the get well wishes, you guys are the best!
I saw my Dr. this afternoon and the bones are in perfect aligiment, I was suprized. Dr. Lane knows me very well since he has put me back together a few times. He said it should take 4 weeks to heal. The Mt. Snow MTB Nationals are in 4 weeks and 1 day ... hint, hint, cough, ahem :D
Ellen that's amazing acomplishment by Art, wow.
I'm hoping to start riding my trainer early next week, thanks for the offer Jess your a sweety :) See ya'll at Kittatiny

*Hugs*, Christina ... :)

Pictures Anyone???

I heard from Nathan Crisman that he was not at this race... I saw at least 3 flash bulbs during my ride... Anyone know who was taking pictures? Are they posted on a NY based forum somewhere? I could not find anything on flickr other than the photos posted earlier in this thread.

I wore my firm's (quite ugly) bike jersey on Sunday and would not mind having a picture to prove it... nobody at the office believes me...

Christina - glad to hear the prognosis is good.

I went both knees into a patch in the new ST after the prologue :mad2:. My body is slow to respond to exposure, so I expect the blistering to be in full force right in time for KVSP. If it gets real bad, a course of prednisone wipes it out real fast.

Wow, I've never reacted this fast. Crusty blisters already(sounds cool eh?) I used the last of the leftover Zanfel from last year and it's already knocking it back. I bought another tube cause I know it's not over and I'm just afraid it will go places that will drive me to raving lunacy.

The stuff is RIDICULOUSLY expensive @ $38 a tube, but it WORKS. It beats the steroid route since it removes the poison ivy chemical from your skin instead of just masking it(like steroids do) by stopping your body's reaction and generally screwing with your organs.

Shaggz, trust me. If you react, get the stuff. It's cheaper and faster than a Dr. visit and a shot.

For the poison ivy a friend of mine recommended stuff called Tecnu. Not as expensive as Zanfel, but does the same stuff. I haven't tried it yet, but the guy works with trees so he's always hiking in the stuff.

For the poison ivy a friend of mine recommended stuff called Tecnu. Not as expensive as Zanfel, but does the same stuff. I haven't tried it yet, but the guy works with trees so he's always hiking in the stuff.

That stuff is the shizzle mah nizzle! Id try that first before spending 40 bucks.:confused:

I understand that Tecnu works when used before the skin reacts. It washes the chemical off the skin. Zanfel is supposed to draw the oils out of the skin even after it has started reacting. Ask your friend if Technu is effective on already inflamed skin. If it is, I'll get it and save the $30 difference for gas or pimpin' bike stuff!:D

I have only caught really bad poison ivy once. I found out about technu well after the fact and I couldnt bear to scratch anymore. Within a few days it was all cleared up. It relieved the itch for some time as well.

tecnu removes the oil. Most people have several hours before the oil absorbs, so if washed off promptly, you should be ok. If you already have the rash, it will help it from spreading.

id like to thank ellen and everyone else who showed concern for christina's health after her crash sunday. we just got done setting up her road bike so she can ride indoors.

InnerMountain

InnerMountain sports photography was there. Soon you will receive a letter with little proofs of you riding. Great company,..I usually buy them since they get "raceface" shots.

For the poison ivy a friend of mine recommended stuff called Tecnu. Not as expensive as Zanfel, but does the same stuff.

Thanks Eileen and Pixy, I ran right out and got the Technu and this caustic bar soap someone else recommended. Used 'em both and Caladryl clear and a super hydro-cortizone type Rx lotion. It's still growing!!! At this point, $40 for Zanfel sounds pretty darned cheap!!!

I must have made a direct hit into the healthiest patch of invisible poison ivy ever and then rolled in it pretty good. The shoulder and I arm I landed on are a mess! The crap even made it through clothing!!

And that's not all!! It's getting perilously close to :scared:*The Zone*:scared:!!
Ever have poison ivy in :scared:*The Zone*:scared:??

Shaggz, forget what I said, cause steroids are sounding better by the minute!!

Speaking from painful experience, go get the shot immediatly.

It will reach 'the zone' faster than you think...

Back
Top Bottom