Dark Horse Reports

You did get an awesome spot by the bathrooms though.

Ha, if you want to smell them, but very close to the start.

Christina, sorry to hear about your collarbone I had passed you when you were out there with the other 2 people helping you, didn't realize you broke your collarbone though, hope you don't need surgery like I had. Heal up.

Last edited:
Last year in my first race ever ... broken chain
This year ... broken collar bone

I need to say thank you to Ellen (Pixy) and Michael (not sure who he was) for helping me and staying with me on the +2 mile walk out. And sorry to the Pro's and Experts for holding up their race while I was walking out :)

No way!! Christina!! They told us on the line somebody was hurt, are you ok??

Feel better:(

-Jim.

That is a real bummer x-tina. How long will you be out for?

LOL X-Tina, I love it :)
Steve, years back when I raced MX I had fractured my left collar bone and was back racing in 4 weeks, that was along time ago. I see my Dr. tomorrow. I'm hoping 4-6 weeks, I was looking foward to racing in Highbridge in Manhattan 3 weeks from yesterday. If I were 18 years old that might have been possible. Missing the Nationals at Mt. Snow is very upsetting too. But thats racing I guess.
To DownhillR3, thank you for your concern. I must say, many racers had asked if everything was ok. MTB'ers are such awesome people. One guy did say ... " hey, your laying in my line" PixyChic and I just looked at each other and laughed!

Christina ... :)

I need to say thank you to Ellen (Pixy) and Michael (not sure who he was) for helping me and staying with me on the +2 mile walk out. And sorry to the Pro's and Experts for holding up their race while I was walking out :) George and the Darkhorse guys an awesome event as usual.
To say I'll be back soon is an understatement,

Oh, Christina, I am so bummed for you! I was really worried since you hadn't posted here last night / this morning, and since I saw your b/f with two bikes, it couldn't be good. I'm glad you were able to walk away, and I expect to see you cheering at future races!

Stewart claims another victim...

Heidi

Oh, Christina, I am so bummed for you! I was really worried since you hadn't posted here last night / this morning, and since I saw your b/f with two bikes, it couldn't be good. I'm glad you were able to walk away, and I expect to see you cheering at future races!

Heidi

Oh, and most importantly, I forgot to ask: Is the bike ok? :)

Heidi

Hey Heidi,
Congrats on your finish! You looked great, you went passed me up the road climb like I was going backwards. You're having an excellent year, keep it going!
Once again thanks to all of your postings and concerns (Jim V, I knew you were on the line so I delayed your race to give you more time to get yer swerve on :D ) In a short time I'll be good as new, I don't want to ruin this Darkhorse thread with my injury.

I was the first to come up on you Christina as i was trying to make my way up from the back of the entire sport class. I hope i was some help making sure you didn't pass out before more people showed up. Get well soon!!!

My race was screwed from the start. Coming to the start line my chain started skipping. I did an adjustment and thought i was good but up the fiest doubletrack climb my chain snaps. I get it fixed in a respectable time only 2 other groups pass me before I remount, but barely a half mile later it snaps again! As i'm fixing it again (now less 2 links) I cheer on the rest of the men, juniors, & females as they pass. Once again I remount and decide, screw it i'm gonna finish this prolouge and the rest of the race. I start to catch the women after a bit when I come across FallGirl on the ground. She actually told me to keep on riding! OMG! My concience would never let me though. when i knew she was in good hands I went on my way and enjoyed the course, then on a downhill sweeper I hit a root too fast & too wrong and I slammed the ground pretty good. Lucky for me my head broke my fall!!! I got right up though (bike was ok, that's good) helmet was covered in dirt, roc loc broke on it though so i finished the lap with a wobbly helmet and the lead riders lapping me. :mad2: That's racing. My first DNF & DFL!!!:getsome:
At least i got to see fred taco his wheel after he passed me!!!

Ouchy doodle! I doubt you remember it but I yelled asking if you were ok and one of your keepers at the time said you were fine. I knew he was lying but I figured you were in good hands (4 sets IIRC).

Get well soon!

I was the first to come up on you Christina as i was trying to make my way up from the back of the entire sport class. I hope i was some help making sure you didn't pass out before more people showed up. Get well soon!!!

My race was screwed from the start. Coming to the start line my chain started skipping. I did an adjustment and thought i was good but up the fiest doubletrack climb my chain snaps. I get it fixed in a respectable time only 2 other groups pass me before I remount, but barely a half mile later it snaps again! As i'm fixing it again (now less 2 links) I cheer on the rest of the men, juniors, & females as they pass. Once again I remount and decide, screw it i'm gonna finish this prolouge and the rest of the race. I start to catch the women after a bit when I come across FallGirl on the ground. She actually told me to keep on riding! OMG! My concience would never let me though. when i knew she was in good hands I went on my way and enjoyed the course, then on a downhill sweeper I hit a root too fast & too wrong and I slammed the ground pretty good. Lucky for me my head broke my fall!!! I got right up though (bike was ok, that's good) helmet was covered in dirt, roc loc broke on it though so i finished the lap with a wobbly helmet and the lead riders lapping me. :mad2: That's racing. My first DNF & DFL!!!:getsome:
At least i got to see fred taco his wheel after he passed me!!!

Hi Mike and yes I remember you stopping, like you it's a good thing our bodies broke our fall, or we could have been hurt! I remember seeing ... sky, ground and thinking this might hurt. I hope you are ok and with all that happend to you. Thanks for stopping,

You're welcome Christina. I forgot to mention that I crashed a second time a little before the last bridge. My handlebar clipped a tree and i went down. I shook it off and pedaled easy to the end of the course. Went to my chiropractor today and he manipulated my neck pretty good with some trigger point stuff and i'm feeling better.

2 people I was following clipped that tree before the last bridge. The second guy got up and looked like he was in the ring with Tyson circa 1987.

Jeez! I saw you in the jeep driving out, but I didn't realize how bad it was. You seem like nothing can stop you, so I hope you get well soon so you can get back on the bike!!

Christina - heal up, feel better and listen to your body. I've known some people to feel well enough to get on the trainer pretty quickly, although a mid season rest is not always a negative thing.

Just for the record, Art broke his clavicle at the first race in May of 05. He was back on the trainer in a week, road bike shortly after, and raced a National in Park City 6 weeks later and took 2nd.

Here comes trouble...

Christina, so sorry about the break but glad to hear your spirits are up.
You'll be back scaring us all in no time.

Yesterday, while recapping the race(my crash) with friends, Chris' eyes grew wide and he said "You didn't go off the trail did you!!?? Stewart is the poison ivy capitol of the world!!" :eek:

That little itch on my arm yesterday grew into today's big mean angry patches all over. And they're just waiting to burst. I'm off to find the industrial size bottle of poison ivy cure.

It's just a little something to remember Stewart by...

Healing vibes

Sent your way, Christina. I do hope you are a fast healer and will be on the bike in no time,...JORBA bikefest Sept 13th for sure. I would like to offer you my bike trainer and a slick tire during you recovery. Versus has cycling on TV, especially the Tour de France and I get more out of the trainer when watching cycling. So, if you want to give it a try,..let me know.

smiles, Jess

Christina, so sorry about the break but glad to hear your spirits are up.
You'll be back scaring us all in no time.

Yesterday, while recapping the race(my crash) with friends, Chris' eyes grew wide and he said "You didn't go off the trail did you!!?? Stewart is the poison ivy capitol of the world!!" :eek:

That little itch on my arm yesterday grew into today's big mean angry patches all over. And they're just waiting to burst. I'm off to find the industrial size bottle of poison ivy cure.

It's just a little something to remember Stewart by...
I went both knees into a patch in the new ST after the prologue :mad2:. My body is slow to respond to exposure, so I expect the blistering to be in full force right in time for KVSP. If it gets real bad, a course of prednisone wipes it out real fast.

Back
Top Bottom