Dark Horse 40

Shaggz

A strong 7
Looks like the Dark Horse 40 is scheduled for August 12th. Does anyone else have this on their "To Do" list next season?

SpartaBard

Wow, that looks like a nice course...

DH40%20Map%202005%20copy.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks.

Does anyone else see the text overlaid on that page? It's impossible to read.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I e-mailed them about that, I am using Fire Fox, and thir home page says something about being designed for IE.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Norm: DO you think it will be too agressive to try the dark horse and 24 HOA, considering they are only 2 weeks apart?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm: DO you think it will be too agressive to try the dark horse and 24 HOA, considering they are only 2 weeks apart?

What are you trying to do in the 24 HOA race? Just ride until you get tired? Race the whole 24? 12 and 6? Whatever happens? Team?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
as of right now, solo, and whatever happens.

Then no it's not aggressive at all. I would actually put more focus on that race and the 50k than the 24 HOA race. You're really raw right now so the 24 race is more of a lark, see what happens, etc etc. Build up to the DH40 and prep for it properly. Then take the next 2 weeks to maintain where you are, since you won't gain anything tangible in 2 weeks other than rest. Then show up for the 24 and see how it goes.

Shaggz

A strong 7
From George at Dark Horse

Date is August 12th...race starts promptly at 9, and is over at 3...2 20 mile laps...90% single and double track at Stewart State Forest, New Windsor NY. You can pre register at www.bikereg.com Lots of fun...non NORBA event that drew 250 entrants in 2006! George

Shaggz

A strong 7
Heythorp:

Actually the only goal I originally set for my self was the All-A-Moochy. Not to be competeive, but just to complete, more of a symbolic thing to kick start this season. 24 HOA is more of a lark, as Norm put it, jsut crusie around and soak up the atmosphere. I actually have more interest in the DH 40 becasue I love Stewart so much

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I actually have more interest in the DH 40 becasue I love Stewart so much

What is the Stewart course like? Technical? Lots of climbs?

I see a lot of SS entries which suggests not so much on either count. I seem to remember reading that before as well.

Shaggz

A strong 7
stewart is very fast and flowy, a wonderful place for ss. no sustained climbing, some short technical ups and downs.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cool, sounds like fun. We should make a trek up there and do a lap of the race course sometime when it gets warmer.

Top Bottom