Damn it Norm!

SpartaBard

My fucking basement is flooded with 1'+ of water. Arrggh. I bought a pump from HD but it is taking forever. :mad: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Of course the previous homeowner said it never floods....:rolleyes:

That sucks.

this storm is a monster, their is a good chance that if you never get water in your basement, you might today.

All of down town denville is flooded, I was almost unable to get home from the dog walk this morning. Had to turn around 3 or 4 different times. Amazing how much the water came up over that hour. It was already high and some flodding but it went crazy

I could not make it to work this morning due to the flooding. I live south of the D&R Canal and west of the Delaware River, but work in Somerville. From New Brunswick down to Princeton, there was no crossing the canal. I tried at 6 different spots, and was turned away by the FD or PD at 3 of those spots. Not that they needed to tell me to turn around, my little Saturn sedan would not have made it through the water gushing up over the level of the guard rails.

Upside to the day: visited JDog to pick up my new bike :D

ArmyOfNone

I never made it home from work yesterday. I got out at 9ish because the dayshift people were all running late. I figuered i would go grab a bite to eat with the thought that traffic would have been a bit lighter.

This was not the case considering washington road was the ONLY road in or out of Princeton. I called Jeff to see if he had any ideas. What we came up with was a wash. I decided to take a nap at my friends house in town hopeing later on in the afternoon would be better. not so much. 1 hour and 45 minutes later i had traveled from nassau street (rt 27) to rt 1. The dealt with that traffic. Eventually i gave up bc i heard more road closures and stopped at my gfs house for a nap to now be back at work.

I hate you norm.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I never made it home from work yesterday. I got out at 9ish because the dayshift people were all running late. I figured i would go grab a bite to eat with the thought that traffic would have been a bit lighter.

This was not the case considering washington road was the ONLY road in or out of Princeton. I called Jeff to see if he had any ideas. What we came up with was a wash. I decided to take a nap at my friends house in town hopeing later on in the afternoon would be better. not so much. 1 hour and 45 minutes later i had traveled from nassau street (rt 27) to rt 1. The dealt with that traffic. Eventually i gave up bc i heard more road closures and stopped at my gfs house for a nap to now be back at work.

I hate you norm.

Sounds like a mega fun day..

They re-routed Route Traffic through my neighborhood if you can believe that..

Pretty much not a happy situation.

You can thank the new Target and Best buy for that Route one closing. Seems that if you pave over 20 acres of near wetlands the water needs somewhere else to go.

Look for more of this in the future. Can any one say Building cap?? Pretty silly. This was a lot of rain but I had never seen this spot flood before they clearcut and paved over this very flat and low lying area next to Route one. Seems like the tax mongers greed is catching up on them.

I am very glad that all the spots where I keep my bikes are on higher ground.

j

ArmyOfNone

ya the 3 hour ride to not even get to sleep in my own bed was great.

It is crazy the amount of carnage taking place in the area. So much of the landscape has been ruined between housing developments, malls, and warehouses. And most of the these buisiness's dont even survive. So there are empty spaces for rent that will never be filled.

:getsome: :getsome: :getsome: :getsome:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
My fucking basement is flooded with 1'+ of water. Arrggh. I bought a pump from HD but it is taking forever. :mad: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Of course the previous homeowner said it never floods....:rolleyes:

does this mean your new single speed actually got dirty? :D

how much rain did we get total so far?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hate you norm.

The water has risen overnight and is now up to my driveway. We're almost complete surrounded by water now.

Look for more of this in the future. Can any one say Building cap??

We live backed up to a river which cuts through a federal reserve of over 8000 acres, plus various wetlands that cannot be built on brings the total over 10,000 acres. This is definitely not an overbuilt area. The neighbor said this is only the 4th time in the 21 years he's been here that the road has flooded closed. This was a pretty exceptional storm.

SpartaBard

does this mean your new single speed actually got dirty? :D

how much rain did we get total so far?

No, not really dirty, just a little wet. :D

I am not sure how much rain we got, but it was snowing at my place all day yesterday. The ground is white, but if you go down the hill towards the lake there is no snow at all.

SpartaBard

ya the 3 hour ride to not even get to sleep in my own bed was great.

It is crazy the amount of carnage taking place in the area. So much of the landscape has been ruined between housing developments, malls, and warehouses. And most of the these buisiness's dont even survive. So there are empty spaces for rent that will never be filled.

:getsome: :getsome: :getsome: :getsome:

Same thing up here in Sussex County. It is all about tax revenue.

Top Bottom