Daily Meals?

NickDavid

Figured this might be a good topic to keep everyone conversing. Post up what you've eaten over your day or what your typical day of meals is like.

Normally I pack a cooler, but since my kitchen looks like a bomb area at the moment, I'm lacking on the food.

Normally my day is as follows: ("/" represents "or")

5am: Oatmeal/meal shake
6am: weight lifting or swimming
7am: head to work
8am: protein shake
10am: pb&j/yogurt/almonds
12noon: turkey on wheat (no cheese, no mayom tons of veggies)/fruit/chicken salad
3: protein shake
5: snack of some sort
6: run or cycle
7: dinner consisting of beef, chicken or salads
10: protein shake/almonds/pb&j/pb&banana/6-8 egg whites right before sleep

I followed this with minor alterations and subsitutions occasionally and lost 60lbs in 5-6 months.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My general day goes as such. Breakfast covered in the other thread, liquid calories if on bike, oatmeal or cereal if not, sometimes toast with almond butter/jelly. I lug a big bag of crap to work. Today this is my bag:

Fruits: peach, orange, grapefruit, apple, pear
Veggies: baby carrots, green bell pepper
Lunch: Lentil soup slop I made at home
Snack: walnuts and raisins

Dinner will be any number of things. No idea what tonight is but last night it was a pork chop, green beans, and brown rice. After dinner I'll have a snack, maybe a square of dark chocolate or a small bowl of ice cream. Eventually I'll eat a snack, sometimes cereal, sometimes whole wheat pita with hummus/baba ganouj or a bean dip, depending what I felt like making that week. This week is whole wheat crispbreads dipped in peanut butter. Also at night usually eat some other fruit, currently have grapes, cherries, and pineapple in the fridge.

Backup foods are always the butters: almond, cashew, and peanut. And we have a roast chicken in the fridge for picking on when hungry. Also nacho chips and salsa often on hand.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
83 posts on breakfast, but only 2 on what anyone eats the rest of the day ? :confused: It must be top secret.;)

I try to eat a good dinner with lots of leafy green vegetables, rich in vitamins. I think cell recovery and rebuilding occures at night while you are sleeping.

How I cook greens:

put 1/2 inch water in pasta pot
cover bottom with broccoli
add in layers in this order:
chopped kale
chopped colladrs
chopped swiss chard
bok choy (high in calcium)
few pats of butter
salt
cook til done

it tasts better than it sounds, really.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We used to belong to a local co-op (just bagged it because it wasn't worth it) and often got leafy greens that we just didn't really know what to do with. My wife found some recipes where you add bacon, like just a little bit, and it makes it all better. What doesn't taste better with bacon?

That's some healthy green muck if you ask me. How long is "til done"?

Glancing Aft

You've all missed the most important part of any diet, beer. At least 2 every night. It helps round out all the healthy stuff you've done to your body during the rest of the day. It's the yang to the ying or something to that extent. Asides, without it I'd be way too skinny.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
lunch usually involves a fruit salad or field greens salad, a cliff bar, maybe some smoked salmon(not lox), and some kind of snack, like wheat thins or blue corn chips. i've been drinking POMtea with lunch recently too, either the blackberry black tea or the lychee green tea.

if i don't ride i generally don't eat supper. i just don't need it after all the calories i get at lunch. i'll have a few little snacks but thats it. if i do ride, 95% of the time, my supper is pasta of some sort. when i go out to eat, i either get a veggie burger or some kind of fish dish. and a beer or two is usually involved in my supper as well.

NickDavid

lunch usually involves a fruit salad or field greens salad, a cliff bar, maybe some smoked salmon(not lox), and some kind of snack, like wheat thins or blue corn chips. i've been drinking POMtea with lunch recently too, either the blackberry black tea or the lychee green tea.

if i don't ride i generally don't eat supper. i just don't need it after all the calories i get at lunch. i'll have a few little snacks but thats it. if i do ride, 95% of the time, my supper is pasta of some sort. when i go out to eat, i either get a veggie burger or some kind of fish dish. and a beer or two is usually involved in my supper as well.

Eating more frequently will boost your metabolism. Starving yourself between your lunch and breakfast the next day will cause your body to store unwanted fat. Take in smaller sized calorie meals throughout the day, rather than a huge lunch.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
*Lunch (M-F)
-turkey on whole grain bread
-whole grain crackers
-yogurt
-water

*I'll have an apple mid-afternoon

*Dinner(M-Th)
-whole wheat pasta w/ a bit of olive oil
or
-black bean veggie burger and whole wheat cous cous
or
-potato/cheese pierogies (browned in olive oil) and baked beans

Washed down with 12 ounces of diet soda.

I snack on whole grain chips and black bean dip while cooking dinner.

Evening snack is a couple of cookies and another glass of diet soda.

Weekend dinner tends to be more liberal, but nothing too outrageous. Red meat once or twice a month, generally.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Black Beans....what else :D

I try follow a healthy diet, but lately it is just becoming too hard to adhere to,
but if I'm good

B: Cereal & Coffee
L: Nice Mexican Home Cooked Meal (I bring it to work)
D: Salad or Tuna or both
Snacks: Fruit

Weekends: anything goes!

I also keep finding these spicy mexican candy at home and I can't stop eating them!!

PatrickBrown

a few months back, Walter told me about this place called "muscle maker grille" that is close to my job, and right away I didnt go there, until a coworker brought me there..... and I am hooked, and it has completely changed the way I eat for breakfast and lunch.

10 AM 1 cup of either low sugar, or weight control oatmeal maple and brown sugar flavor

12 noon either a high protein wrap which consistst of grilled turkey/grilled chicken with a honey dijon flavoring in a whole weat wrap or..

the arizona, which is grilled chicken/turkey over brown rice with some chopped tomatoes, 2 slices of turkey bacon and they usually cover it with their southwest sauce, which I now ask for the sauce on the side and only use about 1/4 of what they supply.

and I eat pretty much whatever for dinner.

but I drink only water throughout the day.

this may not seem like much to some of the healthier nuts, but to me its leaps and bounds, from from the trashcan breakfast and lunches I used to eat.

the result so far is I have gone from 226 down to 207 in about 1 months time. and I havent done one minute of exercising in that month.

PatrickBrown

wow! 19 lbs in a month is impressive. and why arent you riding?? :hmmm:

I have a boat load of excuses..... lol work is busy, tons of sidework in the garage at the house, still doing small renovations on the new house. a couple weddings, some doctors appointments for both me and the wife. and I'm sure there is a bunch of other reasons that all lead up to....... I'm a slacker.

walter

Fourth Party
and where is this wonderful place you speak of? probably too far for my lunch break :(

It is on Rt. 27 in Woodbridge. Its on the rahway border, technically in Colonia I guess. It is right next to Bell Ford, in a strip mall with NY sports club. Great bunch of guys in there, with an awesome menu, and they have good hours too, like early am to like 8 or 9 at night. Sushi too I think. All good stuff

J

Jeff

Over the last few months, I've gotten very into looking at what I eat and seeing how I can use it to change my energy levels, muscle gains, and just all different aspects of my health in general. I've taken the approach of trying not to listen to what everyone else says is the best way, and just trying to listen to my body a bit. It's nice!

For a while I was eating a bit too healthy, and realized that I was actually taking in too LITTLE carbs and fats. Once I added in a bit to my diet, I noticed a huge difference and actually got much leaner, faster. My current menu seems to be giving me the best balance of energy while staying in a caloric deficit, and has totally eliminated the totally 'burned out' feeling that I was previously feeling way to early in workouts.

-I usually have a few servings worth of Egg Beaters at about 7am. High in protein, taste great, low in calories/cholest/etc. And some ketchup (and i say that with just about everything i eat, haha)

-Around 10-10:30, I'll have an all grain bagel with veggie cream cheese (burrini's deli in randolph- wonnnnnnnnnnnderful)

-1:00 brings a low-fat tuna salad wrap or all grain bread sandwich (the LF tuna is dense with chopped vegetables- great taste, and much better consistency to it than the non low-fat)

-At about 4:00, I will usually start sipping on a redline, which more than substitutes a meal for the time. By the time 5:00 rolls around, I'm shaking to go to the gym!

-Get out of the gym at about 7, get home in about 15 minutes and eat a few pieces of grilled chicken, or have a protein shake (2 scoops, water). Then go for a ride, or rest.

-As I'm settling down for bed, I like to have a nice big bowl of kashi cereal or similar very fibery cereals. Plenty of milk, let all of that health and goodness soak in and repair you!

My goal is to be 170 and as strong as I am now, but for some odd reason my weight fluctuates ridiculous amounts in small periods of time where it shouldn't. For instance, it's not irregular for me to go up or down 3-5 pounds in a day, 10 pounds in a few days. Just last week, I was 175 on thursday, and 187 the following monday :mad: And I hadn't even drank or done any pigging out!

Shaggz

A strong 7
My goal is to be 170 and as strong as I am now, but for some odd reason my weight fluctuates ridiculous amounts in small periods of time where it shouldn't. For instance, it's not irregular for me to go up or down 3-5 pounds in a day, 10 pounds in a few days. Just last week, I was 175 on thursday, and 187 the following monday :mad: And I hadn't even drank or done any pigging out!
is your scale in the same spot each time you weigh yourself? my scale will register as much as 4 pounds heavier, depending on which part of the bathroom floor it is located.

Top Bottom