D.I.Why

02camaro

not diy personally, but while camping at killington over the weekend i met a guy traveling and riding around the US from Montana, he asked if bear spray or carrying a gun was necessary while riding the mountain. i said idk? maybe? ive never carried anything. so then i asked about the gun thing, he was like yea alot of people have custom made gun holsters for their bikes they strap to the frame to ward off grizzlys, black and brown bears that are almost a guaranteed sight on the trails.

this was the only picture i could come up in my head when he said that
1019052d1443627349-concealed-carry-bike-options-mtb-machine-gun.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
not diy personally, but while camping at killington over the weekend i met a guy traveling and riding around the US from Montana, he asked if bear spray or carrying a gun was necessary while riding the mountain. i said idk? maybe? ive never carried anything. so then i asked about the gun thing, he was like yea alot of people have custom made gun holsters for their bikes they strap to the frame to ward off grizzlys, black and brown bears that are almost a guaranteed sight on the trails.

this was the only picture i could come up in my head when he said that
1019052d1443627349-concealed-carry-bike-options-mtb-machine-gun.jpg
Hope that thing pivots...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Came across a yearling grizzly last week while hiking in wyoming. we just kinda stood for a second, then walked slowly away, he went on his way.
warned the next person coming up the trail, he pulls a gun out of his pack, and the next guy grabs his bear spray.....i felt unprepared!

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Came across a yearling grizzly last week while hiking in wyoming. we just kinda stood for a second, then walked slowly away, he went on his way.
warned the next person coming up the trail, he pulls a gun out of his pack, and the next guy grabs his bear spray.....i felt unprepared!

It's because we live in NJ. Don't forget guns are a normal part of life in other parts of the country where people feel the need (justifiably in nature) to carry.

When I was in Idaho/Wyoming I remember stopping and asking a family for direction and the father had a HUGE gun strapped across his chest and at the time found it weird. Easily accessible, also easily apparent to anyone. There's no need to conceal, if anything you don't want to conceal as it can lead to issues. It's basically bear spray, that actually may work.

Once I spent enough time out in Idaho/Wyoming/Utah it became normal. I did feel down in AZ people carry for the possibility of shooting people, not animals though.

jklett

You'd be good to go, chances are you could've outrun the other guys who would be pissing off the bear and adding seasoning.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
You'd be good to go, chances are you could've outrun the other guys who would be pissing off the bear and adding seasoning.

problem is people aren't really on the menu, they want a piece of everyone that threatening them...as Arnold said,
I like you,... i'll kill you last.

Once I spent enough time out in Idaho/Wyoming/Utah it became normal. I did feel down in AZ people carry for the possibility of shooting people, not animals though.

yup - got some of those crazy wild boar down there, but other than that.....

Top Bottom