Cyclocrossers ....

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Schenectady Central Park Cyclocross Race ... This Sunday, check Bikereg.com or check your local listings :p

Jim V, load up the bus son ... Game on! :getsome:

RC ... :)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I hate to admit it, but I think I'm going up to Tymor this weekend. They're running the crazy climbing route:D

-Jim.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Hey you!

I hate to admit it, but I think I'm going up to Tymor this weekend. They're running the crazy climbing route:D

-Jim.

Hi Jim :D

I checked Bikereg and as of now there are only 2 riders. It might be a good idea to call Tim Schopen and see if the race is on. Schenectady isn't much farther.

Steve Vai

The race better be on. They've killed about 1,000 trees printing all the damn fliers they've been plastering to everyone's car the last few races. If anything they may have to cancel it because there aren't any woods left:rolleyes:

-Jim.

PS-The cross race is a little farther than I'd go for a day trip, something about spending 6-7 hours in a car to race for 45 minutes.

Last edited:

bdmtb

cross???

What happened to all the "local" cross races?? I just looked at br and all the HV races seem to be cancelled. :confused: And only 2 races at Augusta :(. Help..... We need more cross.

CrossAddict

What happened to all the "local" cross races?? I just looked at br and all the HV races seem to be cancelled. :confused: And only 2 races at Augusta :(. Help..... We need more cross.

Bob Cary, who used to be the pres. of Skylands use to run the cup series. He had a falling out with some of the members and to top it off his mother and father in Maine became sick. Thus he left and now we have a lack of Cross races. It stinks!!

Nov. looks good!

-r

EABODS

Bob Cary, who used to be the pres. of Skylands use to run the cup series. He had a falling out with some of the members and to top it off his mother and father in Maine became sick. Thus he left and now we have a lack of Cross races. It stinks!!

Nov. looks good!

-r

looks like some road trips in october bb

CrossAddict

Crossaddict's Tentative Schedule

Oct. 4th Westwood Velo Cross
Oct. 18th Granogue Cross MAC #3
Oct. 19th Wissahickon Cross MAC #4
Nov. 8th Beacon Cross MAC #6
Nov. 9th HPCX ??
Nov. 16th USGP (sun.)
Nov. 22nd & 23rd Whitmores Landscaping CX Cup
Nov. 30th NJ State Championship

Dec. 1st VTC WC (not World Cup just --> Winter Camp)

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
RacerChick is from Mars, so it's really nothing for her...
:rofl: Norm

The race better be on. They've killed about 1,000 trees printing all the damn fliers they've been plastering to everyone's car the last few races. If anything they may have to cancel it because there aren't any woods left :rolleyes:

-Jim.

PS-The cross race is a little farther than I'd go for a day trip, something about spending 6-7 hours in a car to race for 45 minutes.

Timber! I didn't realize it was that much farther from Tymor, see Jim V thats why you need to find a boyfriend in the Hudson Valley too! ummm, on second thought :hmmm:

CrossAddict

Nov. looks good!

-r

Also to note that Victory Cycling Club use to run a sweet little race in Morris county @ Craigmuir Ski Area. With the shop going under the race just followed.
Thus with Bob and Victory gone the 'early' season cross races disappered this year, and the NJ cup is questionable. VTC might have to rock out an early season race next year.

-r

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
This Saturday ...

This Saturday is race #3 at Uncle Sam Cyclocross Grand Prix in Troy, NY.
It's a good way to warm up the legs for the H2H race the following day in Peekskill, NY. For more info check out www.NYCross.com

Steve Vai

Hey Christina, Westwood Velo Cross is that same day in Mahwah, NJ. A bunch of us are going over and hitting that one up, you and Tommy should too, it was tons o' fun last year:D

-Jim.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Hey!

Hey Christina, Westwood Velo Cross is that same day in Mahwah, NJ. A bunch of us are going over and hitting that one up, you and Tommy should too, it was tons o' fun last year:D

-Jim.

True that Son! See JimV I got the lingo down :D

The Westwood Cross is about the same distance as from Highland NY. It's just that the NYCross.com is a 6 race series and I raced the 2nd event and finished 2nd, so I may have a chance at the overall if I do 4 of 6 events. Last year there was a NJ Cross cup and not this year. There is also a Cat 4 in Women's class in NY whereas Westwood has a Women Open Class where Cats 1-4 compete and they are super fast and this being my first year racing cross I'm still learning the ropes. I already know what your gonna say LOL!

See ya Sunday and good luck at Westwood,

CrossAddict

Race Class??

-Jim.

Hey jim! Join the fun in the 35+ group. It's going to be wicked fast. :cool:

-rfoco

Top Bottom