CycleOps Aluminum Bi-Fold Rollers

syadasti

Wet Rag
*sold* CycleOps Aluminum Bi-Fold Rollers

Premium Al rollers in excellent condition. Sold!

CycleOps said:
The CycleOps Rollers use lathe-turned rollers with precision bearings. The belt is adjustable for right or left dismount. Adjustable to fit any size bike.

Features and Information
* Lathe-turned 3.25" rollers
* Extra-wide bi-fold design is stable yet stores easily, comes fully assembled
* Belt is adjustable for right or left dismount
* Adjustable to fit any size bike
* Resistance unit works on aluminum rollers

fsroller.jpg

Action shot

rollinmotionblur.jpg

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

OMG if you didnt buy these then, get em now! I just got back on my rollers and its WAY better than the trainer!

BiknBen

does this thing have a resistance unit?

Rollers typically do not come with a resistance unit. Resistance is provided by the bearing in the rollers. The smaller the roller, the faster they have to spin, so the greater the resistance. Want more resistance...shift up. These drums are pretty small so resistance should be plentiful. :popcorn:

That being said, Rollers are not idea interval-type resistance and workouts. They are best for balance and spinning workouts.

"Resistance is futile..."

Actually I picked up a used set of performance rollers with a fluid resistance unit added on... can't tell how much resistance it actually creates versus without it, but I upshift to add more resistence... I wouldn't spend the extra money otherwise...

My goal is to ride my rollers no hands... so far any attempts have resulted in ugly crashes in my basement... Roller accidents can get nasty... especially when there's innocent household furniture caught in the crossfire.... the horror....

walter

Fourth Party
Do these need to be placed on a hard surface like tile? Or will they work on concrete or plywood or carpet?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My goal is to ride my rollers no hands... so far any attempts have resulted in ugly crashes in my basement

just let go... look forward, don't look down and spin in a higher gear. The higher gear spinning is easier to maintain balance, it will also shoot you towards the TV if you jump the rollers:D
As you get better you can spin a lower gear with higher cadence, but it takes more balance.
What f's me up is when I'm watching the tour on TV, watching riders go into a turn I start going into a turn and start to drift off the rollers.:popcorn:

BiknBen

My goal is to ride my rollers no hands... so far any attempts have resulted in ugly crashes in my basement... Roller accidents can get nasty.

I can take off my shirt. :p

I have also destroyed a rear wheel falling on rollers.

Attachments

• CIMG7325 (Small).JPG
    CIMG7325 (Small).JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 29

syadasti

Wet Rag
The rollers work fine on most surfaces. Start in a doorway and you can eventually work up to all sorts of things - no hands, out of the saddle, or photographing yourself while one handed riding in sandals on one-sided roadie SPDs (see ad photo action shot) :D

Best to use in front of TV so you don't go insane.

Its good for parties too as you can be drunk and still do it and then your friends will think its easy and want to try:popcorn:

I've got a very interested mtbnj buyer lined up right now so likely they will be sold this week.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
We had a customer come in with a very mangled bike from a roller accident. Something about trying to jump the bike off the rollers while pedaling. All I know is that carbon road bike +lots of campy + roller stunts = bad

Top Bottom