Cycle Works.

ytc100

Picked up my wife's bike this afternoon, can't wait to see her face this evening when I surprise her with it. It's a sweet little ride - 13.5" frame, women's trance in lily green. You gotta see how cute this thing is!

Those guys at cycle works also got my fork completely rebuilt with brand new uppers and internals, for free, in less than 2 weeks. I did not expect that and was really happy.

Shaggz

A strong 7
DUDE - THAT IS A HOT BIKE. I saw it last week when I dropped mine off the be serviced. I was looking at it hanging in the window, and kept humming, "How much is that bikey in the window..." SHe is gonna love it!

ytc100

It was not easy keeping it a secret. I lost sleep last night knowing it would be ready today! It is really a neat bike and she is not going to believe the ride.

heythorp - I'm sure she'll be pedaling up and down the block this evening. I'll give you a call when we're out there.

ytc100

heythorp said:
You know this is a good day to give it to her, she has been working outside all day. Nice little reward after working in the sun all day.

by the way, how much does that thing weigh? at 13.5 its must be pretty light.

Yeah she's a good kid.

Feels way lighter than mine I'll tell you that much.

ytc100

Man I have no digital camera and a lousy computer... kinda silly for someone who is a digital artist I know but once I'm off work I hardly want to look at a computer.

You can take some pics and upload if you want. :)

She loves it by the way. Had to cut the seatpost - damn she's such a shrimp.

ytc100

heythorp said:
that might be one of the funnier things i have heard in a while. how in the world do you guys not have digital camera yet? not even on one of the phones?

I do have a camera on my phone but the quality is poop and no easy way to upload to my computer.

When you see me cutting my grass later stop by and check out the bike.

Laura T

CycleWorks is on Route 206, just about 1 mile north of Route 80. They're very easy to get to from pretty much anywhere in Morris / Warren County. Just find Route 80, find the exit for Route 206 NORTH (towards Byram), and they're on the left side.

Frank and John know more about bikes than anyone else in the area, I think. They are the only guys I trust my mountain bike with. I took a "Park Tool Bike School" course taught by John this past Winter, and was amazed at how much I learned.

http://www.cycle-works.biz/pages/welcome.html

Laura T
Hope, NJ

Laura T

Hey ytc100, when will your wife be ready to tackle some of the trails in Allamuchy?? :) If she doesn't want to ride with the "guys" let me know and I can take her on a beginners tour of Kittatiny or Deer Park. (Of course, I'm only guessing that she's a beginner. For all I know, she could be an Expert XC racer.)

Laura

ytc100

Laura T said:
Hey ytc100, when will your wife be ready to tackle some of the trails in Allamuchy?? :) If she doesn't want to ride with the "guys" let me know and I can take her on a beginners tour of Kittatiny or Deer Park. (Of course, I'm only guessing that she's a beginner. For all I know, she could be an Expert XC racer.)

Laura

Wow that's so great of you to offer Laura, Thanks. She is not ready for the Mooch but she does ride Kittatinny and would do fine at Deer Park too I'm sure. I'll pass the info along to her and see if she's interested although she'll probably be intimidated when I tell her the woman who rides with broken ribs want to show her the ropes. :)

Shaggz

A strong 7
frank and john are great guys. i've never met shop owners as passionate about the sport and who really ride. they are also very supportive of local atheletes.

Top Bottom