Custom 80s Schwinn Fixed gear/single speed

dhunt8705

I am selling my fully custom built 1980s Schwinn Calente - professionally built.

The frame and fork were professionally media blasted, powder coated, and clear coated.

The seat tube length is 23", the top tube length is 22.5", and the overall stand over height is 33" - so in turn if you have a 34" inseam, you should be able to ride this bike comfortably.

The wheels do not have any brand names on them, but they are double-wall semi-deep V rims.

They are straight and true, and the hubs bearings roll great. 27" alloy rims, and alloy hubs.

The rear hub is the traditional fixed/freewheel flip-flop hub.

The tires are Bontrager Select K, 27 x 1 1/4, running extended length presta valve tubes. I am also including an extra set of tubes with the sale.

The majority of the components of the bike are from the "Origin 8" brand:

The bars are Origin 8 alloy bull horn bars, anodized red.

The bar end plugs are Origin 8 alloy, anodized red.

The bar tape is Bontrager Gel Cork bar tape.

The stem is Origin 8 Alloy Pro Quill - 17 degree down angle, 80 mm length, steerer length 180 mm.

The headset is Origin 8 Pro threaded 1" headset. Anodized silver alloy cups and top caps, sealed cartridge bearings.

The brake lever is Origin 8 Pro cyclecross lever, red anodized alloy, spring assisted. (I am selling the matching front lever with it).

The brake is an old-school Dia-Compe 500 road brake, with Kool-Stop Continental salmon brake pads.

The cranks are Origin 8 track cranks, 170mm length, alloy square taper spindle, 46 tooth chainring.

The bottom bracket bearings are a sealed unit from Tange, chromoly spindle, and alloy cups.

The pedals are Origin 8 Pro track carbon pedals, sealed bearings -- and yes CARBON. I am selling the bike with an extra set of Origin 8 Track Lite pedals, alloy, loose ball bearings.

The seat post is an alloy micro-adjust, dual bolt design.

The seat is a Selle Italia C2 seat in white leather.

There is also a Cateye Strada (white in color) bicycle computer already setup on the bike.

Also included is a Kryponite U-lock with two keys.
If you have any questions or wish to see better pictures of the bike please email me.

Asking $450 obo

Attachments

• fix 1.jpg
    fix 1.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 157
  • fix 2.jpg
    fix 2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 83
  • fix 3.jpg
    fix 3.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 81
  • fix 6.jpg
    fix 6.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 90
  • fix 5.jpg
    fix 5.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 70

dhunt8705

If you guys think I'm way out of line, let me know what you would recommend. I know what I have into to it, and what the stuff retailed for new, and yes this was a pieced together bike.
I know its not an mtb, but I know all of arent riding just mtb.
Thanks.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Great looking bike, but I am not skinny enough to fit into the jeans that I would have to wear in order to ride it. Good luck with the sale.

Top Bottom