Current Conditions?

skipper

Rode Hartshorne about a month ago, and there were so many darn leaves piled up on the trails it made it kind of a crappy ride. Not just one layer, but to the point where I was literally plowing through leaves, and could not go very fast at all. Have the leaves started to decompose, pack down, or anything? I was going to make the trip up there this week but wondered how its been.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode Hartshorne about a month ago, and there were so many darn leaves piled up on the trails it made it kind of a crappy ride. Not just one layer, but to the point where I was literally plowing through leaves, and could not go very fast at all. Have the leaves started to decompose, pack down, or anything? I was going to make the trip up there this week but wondered how its been.

Leaves are not really an issue at this point. The trails are a little washed out from multiple rainstorms over the past month but overall Hartshorne is in ok shape. May have to check back by the end of week with more rains predicted.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
As iggy says,... it is wet now and will be for some time. Best bet is to wait for everything to freeze up solid.

MrWebby

update, please

Anyone care to update with current conditions? I'm thinking about going there this afternoon...

X

xcrunner1991

Anyone care to update with current conditions? I'm thinking about going there this afternoon...

I doubt that the conditions are any good today. With the semi-warm weather today it's going to be like soup. And looking at the forecast were suppose to get rain on sunday so it looks like no one is going to be able to have a decent ride at 6 mile for a while.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Any current conditions reports? Hoping for some snow-free trails that aren't too icy tomorrow...

MTB Aussie

Conditions 2-15-09

Rode early today to be sure the trails would be frozen. They were just starting to thaw out on the rocky point side. There are a lot of ruts from people riding when it was warm. If you want to ride, go early after a night below freezing. Anything after about 10am is too late if it's a sunny day forecast for above freezing temps. Should be good early on 2/16 for those looking for somewhere to ride.

antgold

One of my worst rides there - made a mistake and hit the trails around noon .
lots of muddy places -most of them in the lower part of the trails system which is most of the trails .
not fun .
start to think on becoming a roadie ....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions