Current Conditions

rcarch

Rode carefully yesterday. Everything is quite wet with the exception of the Ridge (white) Trail and the top of the U Trail. As usual, the Copper Hill (orange) Trail is a swamp and not even worth going near.

Remember to ride in the center of the trail, even if it is a swamp. Try not to widen the trails any further than they already are.

case

baldpate update

did a washingtonxing-baldpate loop on Friday and all is well. There is some new erosion in areas (blue) and some soft spots but it's good to go.:)

FishFood

Rode Sunday 5/8, some wet spots/muddy, particularly at the lower spots where the water can settle, "U" was in good shape until you got to the bottom..soft/muddy. Some errosion noted all over the place due to all the rain. I thought blue was in good shape concidering. Some blow downs scattered around. Great traction.

I went out for a ride yesterday (6/28) around 4 pm and overall conditions were real nice. Only wet in a few spots, and even those were tacky enough to get through with ease. Some trees down in more spots than usual, but nothing heavy. I've been riding six mile mostly this season, wasn't sure if I was gonna get beat with the cardio increase here, but fortunately managed ok and got a decent loop in.

Pretty much every time I come here, I start at the lot at fiddlers creek and church, hop on the trail and make my way up to the top lot via blue to orange i think. From the top lot, I enter the trail head closest to the kiosk and then ride around in that area of the park (some trail with a "U" sign) until I loop back around to the lot. From there, I usually take the red back down and then follow my way back to the lot. Love that ride down after climbing a good bit of the ride!

Seems like I still have not hit up the entire park, so if there are any group rides that will cover that, I'd love to join. Anyway, great time last night, felt good to get back on the bike despite a bad fall I had two weeks back.

ajcsk8r

Rode the trail thursday night(6/30) the trails were pretty much perfect. Dry, fast and with the exception of the two huge trees down on the backside of the mountain a total blast!!

7-11

Has anyone been out today or yesterday? I'm wondering about the trail condition as I've been out of town for the past few days and haven't heard about how the weather was.

I'm thinking about going here after work though, either here or 6 mile.

I'm gonna assume that it's still no good to ride here on account of the rain we had, but I wanted to ask if anyone knew of the current conditions.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll wait for a couple days till it dries out.

solorider

B.Plate 9/1 Conditions

Pretty good conditions all things considered, not many trees blocking the trails at all. Parks Dept. already in action with a Caterpillar sitting idle in Ted Stiles Parking Lot. Rode portions of White, Red, Blue and Yellow yesterday. Yellow is in the worst condition with a couple downed trees and Red is a little slick/swampy at times. This place doesn't get much love, but definitely a decent before/after work ride. Maybe for the 6MRers sitting restless, now would be a good time to check out Baldpate. Buyer beware, stay away from the Orange Trail!

tread lightly...

photos from 8-31

I took a hike this past Tuesday through part of the mountain. Not too bad damage-wise, obvious wetness and some downed trees on the orange/red sections. here are some photos of i took. I managed to clear some debris off what I walked on, but as you'll see from the photos, some machinery will be needed to clear the fallen trees. It was kind of cool to just hike through the place for once. On the bike, I tend to forget how beautiful this place really is. Walking through revived my appreciation of Baldpate to say the least.

Solorider, were you the guy that passed by me on the orange? I drive a blue mazda and the guy I was talking to had an infiniti suv i believe. either way, glad you made it out it there.

Attachments

• BALDPATE_8_31 008.jpg
    BALDPATE_8_31 008.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 381
  • BALDPATE_8_31 084.jpg
    BALDPATE_8_31 084.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 408
  • BALDPATE_8_31 113.jpg
    BALDPATE_8_31 113.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 373
  • BALDPATE_8_31 115.jpg
    BALDPATE_8_31 115.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 380
  • BALDPATE_8_31 121.jpg
    BALDPATE_8_31 121.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 373

solorider

baldpate con

wasn't me. I only spoke with 1 person and he was hiking out with a flat. Looks like I guessed right on my route, i really didn't see as much damage as you did. White and the portion of red i was mostly on was relatively smooth sailing. You ever ride the Yellow Trail? does that always dead-end to River Rd?

Lately I have been riding the yellow trail as a way down to 29 if I end up doing a loop from the washington xc lot on the river. I have yet to find a way to get back to the pleasant valley or church rd lots from there. It's an awesome ride down, and certainly a nice way to end a ride. It does suck having to jump on 29 briefly (esp since I end closer to mid rush hour). Still worth it in my opinion though

Top Bottom