Current conditions at CR

GratefulRider

Is there anyone that rode Chimney yesterday or today? The trails were great on Friday, but not sure how they weathered the weekend storms. Any reports would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

Liv2Ride

I rode CR this morning and the trails were great.I know CR doesnt take rain too good but I guess with the warmer weather even when it rains like it did yesterday it dries up quicker than usual.Rode the red/white/blue and some on the baseball field side.Conditions were great.:)

GratefulRider

that is great to hear. Thanks so much for the report. I'll be there tomorrow morning between 6-630 I'll wait until there is enough light and then I'm heading out. If anyone wants to join me, I'll be in the Newmans lane lot around that time.

Thanks again for the conditions.

Jeff

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
7/1/08...

I was there both Monday and Tuesday, trails are dry and FAST!! There is however, as always, some wet spots down in the lower section of the blue trail, they seem to never go away:D

-Jim.

J-Dro

I wasn't at CR today but I can report that the Sourlands is pretty icy. With the temps going down to the teens tonight, all the snow that melted over the past few days will turn into a slick glaze on the trail. Thats my prediction for Sunday.

ebineezer

I rode chimney yesterday, and although there is still snow on the ground...we still had an awesome ride...ran into marty (mvmx) while we were there...

Liv2Ride

Rode CR yesterday and today both times in the AM. Have to say yesterday conditions were better. Yesterday trails were snow covered but very rideable and fun:), today with yesterdays melting and close to freezing temps this morning there was definitely more ice patches on the trails,not as fun but still managed to get in a good ride. Still saw a bunch of riders out this morning though.

woody

I'm havin a hard time believing this report, but I gotta go see for myself.

(In case you didn't notice, the posts at the beginning of this report are from June.)

I took doggy out for a little pedal at CR around 3-4PM today (Sat 1/24). Trails are well-ridden, totally packed down snow/ice. I only hit Red and White. It had dropped below freezing by the time I got there, so it was very slick. I was running studded tires, so I had a blast on the ice-paved trails, but it probably would have been tricky & painful on regular tires.

So stick some screws in your tires and get out there!

MVMX

I rode chimney yesterday, and although there is still snow on the ground...we still had an awesome ride...ran into marty (mvmx) while we were there...

Good to see ya, nice avatar :)

Early Friday morning conditions were great, perfect packable snowball consistency, the traction was unbelievable, the snow squeaked as you road over it.
We road from Newmans to the east side of the quarry, yellow trail, rock, and every climb was clean, with 3" of snow smoothing the rocks, 20lbs tubeless tires, great fun!

Freeze,thaw,freeze.....could be dicey ;) enjoy

THATmanMANNY

riding at 1:15pm

So I got over my morning laziness, went back to sleep, woke up with the sun in my eyes. High noon. Pretty damn good temp. I need to go ride now!

Riding at 1:15pm today all by myself for now. If you would like to join up in Newmans lot holler at the guy on black stumpy, red helmet. PEACE.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I got over my morning laziness, went back to sleep, woke up with the sun in my eyes. High noon. Pretty damn good temp. I need to go ride now!

Riding at 1:15pm today all by myself for now. If you would like to join up in Newmans lot holler at the guy on black stumpy, red helmet. PEACE.

Yo slacker, I just got back from CR:D.
Went out at 11:30am, some spots were the legendary italian ice others were glacier flows. All in all the cold temps have made the trails ridable with no chance or rutting.

THATmanMANNY

:p glad I went late. The morning was cold and I wasn't feeling it. That 28degrees suited us well and my day is going smoothly still :D Didn't venture out to the yellow tho. Too much ice. Everything pretty much glazed over, but you can get by riding on the crunchy parts. A few places were unrideable and took a couple spills, but still a good ride. CR was like a paved road. I would still ride it tho. Studs would be off the hook.

X

xcrunner1991

I hope I can get a ride in before wednesday. Looking at the forecast it's supposedly going to snow and have a wintery nasty mix. Most likely it's going to freeze over again. So it looks like this is the only good riding that were going to have for a few weeks.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hope I can get a ride in before wednesday. Looking at the forecast it's supposedly going to snow and have a wintery nasty mix. Most likely it's going to freeze over again. So it looks like this is the only good riding that were going to have for a few weeks.

Don't bet on it, weatherman don't know diddly;)

bighit

hows this for ice.

Attachments

• DSC06532.jpg
    DSC06532.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 234

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sunday 2/8

Conditions are terrible. mostly ice. I wouldnt bother.

Lets hope the ice thaws enough to make mud.. and then it freezes.. Because if we get a cold blast with the conditions as is, CR is beat for a while.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions