Current conditions at CR

rockmonster

Eternal Beginner
Conditions thawed?

Anybody know if CR is still messy when it isnt frozen? I might go tomorrow if 6 Mile Run is unridable.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It won't be as bad as 6 Mile, still bad though.

rockmonster

Eternal Beginner
I just can't fathom how anyone can think riding in that red clay snot is in any way good.

I've never ridden there. If you're telling me that it sucks, I wont go.

Unless, of course, you have a snot fetish and you were trying to tell me how awesome it is?

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
6-mile is one of the worst places to ride when wet. The top layer is soaked, on top of frozen soil below. Since the soil is very fine clay, it turns to grease this time of year.

rockmonster

Eternal Beginner
Conditions?

Has anyone been out at CR lately? We havn't had any rain for a while, and it has been pretty warm. I'm going to try to hit the trail after work today, 'cuz my poor road bike needs a break.

Or, is this one of those trails that remains inexplicably raunchy all spring? This is my first spring near here.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Has anyone been out at CR lately? We havn't had any rain for a while, and it has been pretty warm. I'm going to try to hit the trail after work today, 'cuz my poor road bike needs a break.

Or, is this one of those trails that remains inexplicably raunchy all spring? This is my first spring near here.

I was told conditions are ok. No great but not terrible. This is just what I've heard, so that it for what that's worth. If you go, let me know what you think.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just got back - not bad at all. The blue trails across from the Newmans lot were muddy in the usual spots. Overall the park is decent. Like Kirt said, not terrible, but not great. There are a few very soft spots but overall I'd say the park is in good condition. In terms of biker impact, I'm surprised to say that LM is much more abused at this point than CR. Not that many ruts at all from bikers.

If it rains at all, the park will get muddy fast. It's just at the moist/tacky point that offers pretty good traction. Any more water and it will get sloppy again. Today and tomorrow should be good. Rain on Thursday possibly.

J-Dro

Just got back - not bad at all. The blue trails across from the Newmans lot were muddy in the usual spots. Overall the park is decent. Like Kirt said, not terrible, but not great. There are a few very soft spots but overall I'd say the park is in good condition. In terms of biker impact, I'm surprised to say that LM is much more abused at this point than CR. Not that many ruts at all from bikers.

If it rains at all, the park will get muddy fast. It's just at the moist/tacky point that offers pretty good traction. Any more water and it will get sloppy again. Today and tomorrow should be good. Rain on Thursday possibly.

So this qualifies as 'Working from Home'? Damn, I gotta get a job like that. :D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So this qualifies as 'Working from Home'? Damn, I gotta get a job like that. :D

Indeed! I sent an email to my boss saying I was going to be "in" later this morning and he replied, "Take your time." What's better is that he knows exactly what I'm doing and doesn't care :)

rlb

Indeed! I sent an email to my boss saying I was going to be "in" later this morning and he replied, "Take your time." What's better is that he knows exactly what I'm doing and doesn't care :)

Keep me in mind if you ever need an assistant :D

rockmonster

Eternal Beginner

Thanks. I'll post my take on it when I get back this evening.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The post-ride bike condition. Most of it is from a few spots. Overall not bad for CR this time of year.

2562_1110864847809_1112505435_367912_2828253_n.jpg

rockmonster

Eternal Beginner
The post-ride bike condition. Most of it is from a few spots. Overall not bad for CR this time of year.

2562_1110864847809_1112505435_367912_2828253_n.jpg

Just returned. My bike was much cleaner than that. :rofl:

Weather is really really really nice. Go ride. Now. Anywhere. Yes I know its St. Patricks Day. I KNOW you're drunk. Ride anyway. Just get out there.

VanDbtRiver

I guess there was a TM that we were not invited to this past week because all of the log-overs were removed, I mean all of them, even on the blue trail. Besides that, everything was great!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I guess there was a TM that we were not invited to this past week because all of the log-overs were removed, I mean all of them, even on the blue trail. Besides that, everything was great!

You know those rangers with the chainsaws who were with us Saturday? Yeah, I don't think Saturday was the first time they used them this week. You saw what the park philosophy is that day. Seems like it's being enforced big time lately.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions