Crossover Trail

goodvibe

Greetings All!
Last year, I saw some folks were riding some sort of crossover trail to avoid going onto Route 22 if you were doing a full loop around the reservoir. I went looking for it and I found a trial in trailforks and it appeared to be a no-go. The one side of the trail has huge "No Trespassing" signs and the other side is fenced off. Should Trailforks remove this trail? Is there another trail that I am missing?
1649199512396.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This is a legal trail on state property - no motor vehicles.
It was the road that connected to the back gate of RV before the construction.

The no trespassing is about the train tracks.

There is some other stuff up there - but not ready to be legal - at some point.
The local kids seem to be building it out.

Go around the gate - and ride the train tracks to Railroad/Old Mountain Rd.
Stop in the cheese place, they have a store around back.

Last edited:

goodvibe

This is a legal trail on state property - no motor vehicles.
It was the road that connected to the back gate of RV before the construction.

The no trespassing is about the train tracks.

There is some other stuff up there - but not ready to be legal - at some point.
The local kids seem to be building it out.

Go around the gate - and ride the train tracks to Railroad/Old Mountain Rd.
Stop in the cheese place, they have a store around back.

So. . I am a little confused. At the end of Knox Lane, there were about 10 trespassing signs right at the end of the paved road. On it, I think it had a private address printed on it. This is about 100 feet before the railroad tracks. There was a separate no trespassing signs before the climb up to the railroad tracks.

When I went to the other side, where it said the trail let out right before the construction, the gates were locked and were very high. There was another driveway on the Round Valley Access road with a super old car out front, that may have somehow connected, but that also seemed to have a ton of no trespassing signs as well.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So. . I am a little confused. At the end of Knox Lane, there were about 10 trespassing signs right at the end of the paved road. On it, I think it had a private address printed on it. This is about 100 feet before the railroad tracks. There was a separate no trespassing signs before the climb up to the railroad tracks.

When I went to the other side, where it said the trail let out right before the construction, the gates were locked and were very high. There was another driveway on the Round Valley Access road with a super old car out front, that may have somehow connected, but that also seemed to have a ton of no trespassing signs as well.

we go around the fence. And I'm guessing the guy at the end of knox doesn't want people in his yard.
the road under the tunnel is state property. Check the tax map.
That road going the other way is the one that went through - couple of old buildings, and some water oriented stuff.

I would like to cut a trail down the powerline - maybe someday if we can convince the park.
There is also a strip of land coming from the ridge in Cush to Old Mountain....the climb is would not be good - but the dh would work!

I will go check it out tho.

goodvibe

we go around the fence. And I'm guessing the guy at the end of knox doesn't want people in his yard.
the road under the tunnel is state property. Check the tax map.
That road going the other way is the one that went through - couple of old buildings, and some water oriented stuff.

I would like to cut a trail down the powerline - maybe someday if we can convince the park.
There is also a strip of land coming from the ridge in Cush to Old Mountain....the climb is would not be good - but the dh would work!

I will go check it out tho.
I am pretty sure that the address on the no trespassing sign was 12 knox lane. There was an officer listed on the sign as well. When I got to the other side, I didn't see anywhere to go around the fence. It went straight across and the other side of it was the construciton.

goodvibe

This was the gate I saw on the other side. Chained close and I didn't see any way around.
Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 9.28.49 PM.png

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions