Crossing South Middlebush

DirtyJerzey

I'm fairly new to 6mile, so forgive my ignorance.

I park in the lot next to the canal. I've been out as far as Middlebush, but I did not see the continuation of the trail. Is it directly across, or do I have to travel on SMB to gain entrance?

BiknBen

I'm fairly new to 6mile, so forgive my ignorance.

I park in the lot next to the canal. I've been out as far as Middlebush, but I did not see the continuation of the trail. Is it directly across, or do I have to travel on SMB to gain entrance?

It is directly across the street. It's even marked with a wooden post. I'm surprised you didn't see it as it is very obvious IMO.

Is it possible that you were actually on Blackwells Mills Road? The Blue trail goes out to that road. Most of us use the bridge to cross a creek and then jump back into the woods on the same side of the road.

Wobbegong

Is it possible that you were actually on Blackwells Mills Road? The Blue trail goes out to that road. Most of us use the bridge to cross a creek and then jump back into the woods on the same side of the road.

I was thinking the same thing....

It used to be hard to see the trail across middlebush, but with the trail lined up for the future crosswalk, its obvious it continues.

DirtyJerzey

I don't think I was on BWM. I rode through the trail section, along the cultivated land then through a small wooded section that had a small steep drop that lead right onto the road. I assumed that was SMB. Across from where the trail let out there was a guard rail. Also, adjacent to where it let out I saw the entrance to the Yellow Trail.

Was I close?

BiknBen

I don't think I was on BWM. I rode through the trail section, along the cultivated land then through a small wooded section that had a small steep drop that lead right onto the road.

Sound just like the trail leading up to Blackwells Mills Road. I've never looked across the road for a trail. I make a right on the road, go 50 feet across a bridge, and then a right turn back into the woods.

Wobbegong

Make a right at the fork in the trail just before you hit the road. This will take you through a stream crossing. Then continue with your wet and cool feet.:)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions