CrossAddict's Training Blog:

Thusday Report

EABODS pooped the bed. I can't blame him we rocked out 74 miles of hills on Tuesday. I might take a couple of days to recover from a ride like that. Well we never made it to SplitRock, but I went out and did my Cascade Loop (backwards) and enjoyed the day. Tomorrow, I plan on hitting up Waway around 11am for 3 hrs. with EABODS. We will be entering from the barry lakes side if anyone is intrested. VTC back in effect. OOOO' YYYEAH !!!!

Happy Fourth,

-r fizzle
:getsome:

weedend events

It's summertime and the riding is just amazing. I got out for 2 hours on Saturday and did some rollers through warwick. I haven't been riding that hard since the last race at Kittatinny, and I feel great. I just need some time to spend with the family and catch up in the points race before cyclocross season. I'll need to cash in on those points to race the whole MAC series this year. HAHA Sunday I really wanted to go over to the highbridge race!, but my wife and I had some friends and family that where having picnics over the weekend. I did however get to ride Chimney Rock on Sunday morning and discovered the trail system there for a few hours. It reminded me of the 'mills' quite a bit. O'well today I'm working on the house and tomorrow it's VTC. VTC is rocking the triple bypass loop which is 50+ miles of hills (30 miles of 'big' hills).

See VTC events for info.

Peace,

-r to the f

tuesday 'hot triple bypass' 7/8

Man it was hot on the climbs! I started out a little to fast and paid for it when I hit the first big climb, and almost had to stop. It has been awhile since I have ridden hard in 90 deg. heat.

Note: Pacing, Pacing, Pacing

I still was able to finish in 3hrs. (Taking into account a stop for some water)

The 'triple bypass' is just a hard ride. It's always a hard ride no matter my fitness. I like to say after I finish that "it didn't kill me so hopefully I'm stronger." I'll have to hit it again next week and see how I fair. Any takers for a crazy mid-week ride? anyone?

See ya on the road/trail.

-rf

Summer Love

Sweet summer riding. The boys at bicycle tech hooked me up and all my 'rigs' are running like butter. EABODS and I went out for an easy 45 mile ride today with one big climb. The legs felt good and I was feeling froggy on a couple of the rollers. :p

Tomorrow its off for a little 'sunrise mt' and finish it with GWD MT. O'Yeah, nothing like 15-20% grades (for a mile) after 45 miles.:D

peace,

-rf

Monday's tour stage will be EPIC !!!!!

Last edited:
Sunrise recap

Great ride!

I started right after watching the tour and it was a little hot.( I heart the tour) The ride is 54miles and I was able to finish in 2hrs. 50min. give or take a few min since I only looked at the clock in the house as I left. In which in my calculations would be a little over an 18 mph pace. Not bad considering starting south in to a head wind and plenty of climbing.

Tomorrow maybe a little splitrock or Waway :hmmm:

I'll have to see if EABODS can make it. He missed a good one today.:p

peace out,

-rf

Too Much ? Not a Chance.

What a week!

Monday 2 hrs around warwick, ny (easy)
Tuesday 4 hrs with EABODS over some sic climbs and rollers
Wednesday Hiking with my 2.5 year old on the AT
Thursday 3 hrs+ with a crit mixed in down in South Jersey
Friday Hiking again with the Family on the AT
Saturday 3.5 hrs Out to the 'Hump ride' in Florida NY and back home.

Sunday we (Graveyardman67, EABODS, and I) are rocking a 3 hr. Waway session in the morning.

I love summer.:D

PATM:p

peace,

-r to the mf f

GWD IDH

Waway Recap

The Bad A$$e$ (Graveyardman67 and I) headed out around 8:30 ish and rode for a little over 2.5 hrs. The first loop we hit was full of sweet riding and took us less than 2 hrs so we decided to ride the 'race' loop to get some more time in. The weather was comfortable, the pace was casual, and since I was riding with Graveyardman we didn't have to stop. This was a good thing as there seemed to be a lot of flies that were in the mood for bitting my ass. I think I might have to have another session over in Waway this week (tuesday :hmmm:) YES! Tuesday, early, then watch the tour!!

Go VandeVelde!!!

:getsome:

-rf

I have to say. That was most enjoyable, 26 miles of heaven. Pretty tasty pace for some very technical ST. Final was 9.4. I need to toughen up my hands, pretty banged up from sweatin.

DH40 here we come

2 - Loops ??

I was thinking :hmmm:

If we did two of those loops (forward and back) The DH40 should be a walk in the park. Extra gloves and an earlier start time might need to be considered, but I think it would be a lot of fun with some pain mixed in.:D If the ride seems too long we could shorten the 2nd loop by 20-30 min.

-r to the f

Last edited:
3-Days of Pain (Sort of)

Well summer is sweet and the Tour is borring this year. However the riding around here is awsome. Easy waway loop on Tuesday followed by Berret rd and a few more hills on Wednesday felt like a rest after last week. There are big plans in the works for Fri, Sat, Sun though !! Friday 3+ hr road ride, Something Epic on Saturday (stewarts 40 miles?, Waway 4 hrs ?, Ride to nowhere?) mmmmm. Sunday, I think I'll back it off and ride High Point and Gymard TPK around noon.

If your down for a ride just reply. Road rides avg. about 17-18 mph (with climbs, lots of climbs)

Peace.

-RF

DH40 loop sunday

After yesterday's 67 miles @ 20+mph, I'll be chilling with a 2-3hr tempo ride through rolling hills today. I don't want to be a bag of poo on Sunday; As I'm planning to ride the DH40 loop around noon. The loop looks like lots of fun and the Dark Horse guys/girls always put on the best races.

Peace

-roger

After yesterday's 67 miles @ 20+mph, I'll be chilling with a 2-3hr tempo ride through rolling hills today. I don't want to be a bag of poo on Sunday; As I'm planning to ride the DH40 loop around noon. The loop looks like lots of fun and the Dark Horse guys/girls always put on the best races.

Peace

-roger

67 miles @ 20+?!? Good god.

And again, good god.

Agreed. Back when I *thought* I was in shape (14 years ago), I smoked off a solo 103 miles in 5 hrs 3 min for a tad over 20 mph average. It was just rolling hills with a few medium climbs. And, I was so shot I couldn't really ride for a few weeks.

Gotta' say it again, good gawd.

Two loops of the DH40

Sweet single track !!!:D

Today was all smiles as I went out to ride the Dh40 loop at stewarts. The race course is fun and fast. I skiped the short prologe in the begining and hit it the second time through, but I still rode for a little over 3hrs and finished almost 2 loops. EABODS and I might go over on Wednesday to ride a bit. Give a shout if you are intrested. Peace

-r to the f

Road/MTB/Road/MTB/Road

Switching it up this week. mmmm

On Tuesday the VTC was in effect knocking out another sweet Gymard loop follow by a pre-riding of the DH40 race loop. If you get a chance to race, it will be some of the best single track you will come across. The guys at Dark Horse put together some beautiful trails. KUDOS

-roger

DH40 is here

Well i took two days off the bike and got some things done around the house. Today i went out for my usual pre-race day roller ride. I extended it, since iv'e been trying to log some more miles before cross season. I have to say I felt really good and I hope to have a solid ride tomorrow. VTC has really pushed me to the next level and come the fall I'll be ready to throw down.:getsome:

-rf

Back
Top Bottom