CrossAddict's Training Blog:

EABODS

Just waking up.....man, everybody should not work; it's so great. I think I'll go make a leisurely breakfast, read the paper, and prepare for today's ride....I wonder what Bill is up to right now?

EABODS S a D

CrossAddict

Rain, Rain :(

Well, No Waway yesterday. The rains came in and washed out any hopes of a ride. The mountain bike club at Vernon HS was disappointed, but with thunder and lightning looming over head everyone understood. Today's weather looks good for a little road ride:).

In other news tomorrow is the last day of school :D

:mad: <-- Bill

Maybe a little Waway on Friday.

peace.

-rf

CrossAddict

Hump Ride Sat 7am

It is not what it sounds like.

It is called the hump because the ride passes a camel farm in NY. The ride is generally fast and starts in Florida, NY @ 8am.(old shop-rite parking lot near the D&D) mmmmm coffee. Avg speeds of 22-24 mph over hilly terrain. I haven't been out on the ride this year, but I wanted to get some speed work in as I approach the NJ State Championships. I'll be adding this saturday morning ride and start for the VTC in the months to come.

Peace.

-rf

Enjoy your summer solstice.

CrossAddict

Weekend miles

Wow the hump ride was fast. It was the first big group ride i've done on the road this year. The group started out with about 2-dozen riders and by the time we hit Ridgrbury rd. There was only 5 of us left. I was hurting good and struggled to hold a wheel when getting back on after a pull. I probably pulled a little longer than I should have. The ride goes for about 34 miles and we averaged 24.5 mph which was one of the faster rides I've been on. It was a great workout.

Sunday was easy and I checked out some new VTC routes for the Summer.

-rf

CrossAddict

Kittatinny Today

EABODS and I went over to Kittatinny today and rode the race course. It's mostly the same as last year except the bulldogs added the sweet bermed rythum section on the south end of the park to the course. I love that piece:). My guess is that the top expert laps will be about 25 min. :hmmm:

I'm going to try and go over again on thursday for a MTB Ride with the Vernon HS MTB Club. 3-4 ish

Peace,

r foco

EABODS

Smashed 1-week old derailleur; thank the good lord I moved from xtr to xt...this is ridiculous...we were grooving like 2000 before that though....

TDS
JOGJ
VTC in da MFH
LWD
S a D
EABODS

EABODS and I went over to Kittatinny today and rode the race course. It's mostly the same as last year except the bulldogs added the sweet bermed rythum section on the south end of the park to the course. I love that piece:). My guess is that the top expert laps will be about 25 min. :hmmm:

I'm going to try and go over again on thursday for a MTB Ride with the Vernon HS MTB Club. 3-4 ish

Peace,

r foco

CrossAddict

Smashed 1-week old derailleur; thank the good lord I moved from xtr to xt...this is ridiculous...we were grooving like 2000 before that though....

EABODS, we have to work on getting you a SS You'll never have that problem again. S a D :getsome:

JOGJ forever! :p

Peace Baby b.

-r to the F

GWD IDH

CrossAddict

pissed on (and a little pissed off)

Man, what a week. My son has been sick since Monday and I have been doing my best to keep hydrated, taking vitamin C, and washing my hands. Last night I had a sore throat and today a cough. (bummer) I felt great riding Kittatinny and getting to know the course on Tuesday and Thursday, but I'll have to try and rest up and see if I can kick this thing by Sunday. Off today fo' sho' and maybe Saturday, but I've been looking forward to Stewarts and this race all year. So the plan is rest, TDS, JOGJ.:(

Somethings you just can't control. S a D

-R to the F

CrossAddict

Sweet Sweet Sunday

I've been looking forward to this race for awhile. Mostly for revenge from last year, where I fell apart the last lap and dropped 3 spots. The week went well up until thursday when I caught my son's cold and ear infection.

Thanks to my wonderful wife who let me rest on Saturday and made me some chicken soup mmmmmmm.

It all worked out today and now sometime to chill by the pool.

:D

-rf

VTC !!!

EABODS

S a D GW in DMFH

Baby pool that is....
VTC starts Tuesday.
Norm is going down.
EABODS

I've been looking forward to this race for awhile. Mostly for revenge from last year, where I fell apart the last lap and dropped 3 spots. The week went well up until thursday when I caught my son's cold and ear infection.

Thanks to my wonderful wife who let me rest on Saturday and made me some chicken soup mmmmmmm.

It all worked out today and now sometime to chill by the pool.

-rf

VTC !!!

CrossAddict

Baby pool that is....
VTC starts Tuesday.
Norm is going down.
EABODS

sounds like a challenge all in good fun of course. EABODS, you better start that soup diet and lose all that fat you fo-fo-Faaaattttyyy-bo-bo-lattie. My goal is to get down to 155 lbs by cross season. (<--DF):D

peace boys.

-r2f2

CrossAddict

VTC Tuesday 7/1

Well the spring H2H races are over, and I am really happy the way things went. I'm still suffering from a lingering cold, but VTC starts tomorrow and I should be ok for some easier riding for 70+ miles. I'm looking forward towards the fall. A little MTBing and alot of CX:D. EABODS and I will be doing some cross drills over the summer so stay tuned to what's going down and you are more than welcome to attend.

Peace,

-rf

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Great. I've been wanting to meet Crack Addict and Mr Peabody, but didn't feel this ride was worth the effort to attend and now i find Norm went. That would,ve pushed me to attend, oh well, back to doing firewood...........

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Me? I went where? I was at KVSP Sunday.

If we ride together you're going to yell at me so I can't ride with you anymore.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Ok good. I thought you went and i would've killed myself if i had missed it. The air up here this am tastes like pure horsepower and it would've been a sweet hammerfest..........

CrossAddict

What a day!

74+ miles of back roads with a couple of stops for water was the plan for today. The weather cooperated as EABODS and I headed out around 9:10am. There was plenty of climbing, but nobody was going to throw down as this ride was about racking in the miles and having fun. The last climb of the day was a little tough, but everyone finished strong. Sandwiches, recovery bev., and a dip in the hot tub (maybe a nap later:)) was enough to kick things off right @VTC. Next planed stop is Split Rock on Thursday(around 10am maybe:hmmm:), but I'll have to see how I feel since my cold seems to want to stay around. I might have done some damage today riding 74 miles with a sore throat and chough. S a D Peace out and keep riding. I love SUMMER !!!

-R to the F

CrossAddict

Tuesday Triple Bypass 7/8

Great. I've been wanting to meet Crack Addict and Mr Peabody, but didn't feel this ride was worth the effort to attend and now i find Norm went. That would,ve pushed me to attend, oh well, back to doing firewood...........

Hardtale, Norm, Walter

Anytime you boys want to come up and play you are welcome. I must warn you, make sure to bring a sence of humor, and I'll bring a bag of fast and a bucket of skills. :D JK

Lots of back roads and plenty of hills. Check the ride map.

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/nj/vernon/774957531143

9:30 am Depart Glenwood Post Office/ Pochuck Deli

Contact Crossaddict or EABODS for arrangements.

-RF

Last edited:
Top Bottom