'Cross race on Staten Island, Sat Nov 29

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Looks like they've realized their scheduling mistake and changed the date to Sunday the 30th.

BTW- I'm not involved in the promotion of this race, other than consulting with the promoters on a location...

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Looks good.

Assuming life in the Gozick household has returned to "normal" by then, I'll be there.

neveride

I should be at the race snapping photos, so look for me before the race and I'll try and pay extra attention for you guys. I'll be on a gray Curtlo Mountain bike with skinny tires (and driving a maroon honda element with a roof basket on it)

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
More details on their website:

http://statencx.wordpress.com/

Looks to be a great race. Course couldn't be more scenic with the oceanfront view, although the beach run is certainly going to bring the pain for racers.

For those on Staten Island, look for a story this week in the SI Advance.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I'm not going to Augusta on Satuday, but do plan to hit this one.

Waffles!:D

BiknBen

Although the forecast has turned to sh!t, fred and I are still plannig to be there. Waffles, Bratts, and a Club DJ. My kinda atmosphere. :D

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hmmmm...

I'm still on the fence. I wasn't really planning on racing but it seems like too much fun to miss out!! If I do end up racing, I'm doing the masters race in celebration of finally being old enough too:D

-Jim.

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
I've somehow pulled off the unimaginable- a ride on Thanksgiving morning, trail work for half a day Friday, 6 hours of trail work today, spectating the cross race tomorrow for a bit then the H2H awards dinner tomorrow afternoon. As part of the elaborate compromise with my wife, I won't be racing tomorrow, and my son and I will be spectating while she heads over to Target for some shopping, but at least I'll be there. ;)

bobkennelly

I'm still on the fence. I wasn't really planning on racing but it seems like too much fun to miss out!! If I do end up racing, I'm doing the masters race in celebration of finally being old enough too:D

-Jim.

Not Funny, just wait...
icon10.gif

BTW....HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom