Cross Bike = Greatest Invention EVER!

larkin42

P2110421.jpg

Took my new Cross Bike out today for 40 miles of fun. I spent most of the time on the road and bike paths, but did take a short cut through the fireroad at Hartstone. Its great to have a bike that can do a little of everything;) Got a little nervous on the first ride as I haven't ridden a bike with skinny tires in a long time. It took all of about 45 minutes for me to hit a patch of ice and land flat on my face at 15 mph. Great way to start! Anyway, lovin the new bike and a big thanks to J. at Halters. Great job, she runs like a top.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Welcome to the awesome versatility of owning a cyclocross bike!! It'll open rides you would have never otherwise considered. Now you can ride your bike to the trails and back:D

-Jim.

THATmanMANNY

A cross bike has about as much identity as Jason Bourne. It's all crossed up. Like right now... I need new cable housing, i mean I "need". Do I go with mtb or road cables? When I put a derailleur on mine should I put a mtb or road der? Is it okay to put on thumb shifters? :rofl:

Nice bike. I sweat that snazzy orange.

BiknBen

A cross bike has about as much identity as Jason Bourne. It's all crossed up. Like right now... I need new cable housing, i mean I "need". Do I go with mtb or road cables? When I put a derailleur on mine should I put a mtb or road der? Is it okay to put on thumb shifters? :rofl:

I know what you mean. My Surly Cross-Check has Dura-Ace shifters and a XTR Rear Deraileur. I sometimes use a MTB cassette.

R

Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)

cyclocross is a beautiful sport

"The bus came by, I got on, that's where it all began..." GD

As a youngin' I attended a GD show and the next thing I know, touring to get to the next show. Phish had me driving around the counrty as well.

The same exact thing happened with CX. 1 race and it was all over for me.

Congrats on the bike and enjoy it. They are a good time indeed.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
hey i was in the shop when you picked this bike up, mandi was getting fitted for her road bike that morning. looks awesome :)

larkin42

hey i was in the shop when you picked this bike up, mandi was getting fitted for her road bike that morning. looks awesome :)

Looked a lot better before I dumped it and ripped up the nice white bar tape :cry: Oh well....from what I read here, scratches build character.

larkin42

I don't mind the scratches, I would have hoped that I could have kept it clean looking for at least a few hours. I ate pavement less than 1/2 hour into my first ride.

Top Bottom