cricket cricket

targheehucker

good to see people! I met a couple riders in the preserve on sunday who were interested in being included in TM. Said they will join mtbnj...

Yo spence, tell van dbt river I got some chewbatta for him...

Last edited:

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
I met some nice guys in members only jackets that said they wanted to help out with the TM also...said something about wanting to build a public restroom with holes in the stall walls.

:D

Wobbegong

I met some nice guys in members only jackets that said they wanted to help out with the TM also...said something about wanting to build a public restroom with holes in the stall walls.

:D

"Is that a Member's Only jacket you're wearing?" "So, are you like the last member?"

sixseven

One of those trails needs to be named 'Members Only'.
I call that little trail that goes over the bunker mound 'the quickie'.

mooch91

Actually, I was one of the guys targeehucker met on the trails last week, and I'm not ashamed to admit it! :)

It had been between 8 and 10 years since I had ridden the REP, was looking for another close place and tried this out on a whim.

I had only ridden REP a few times before: first time was back in 1998 when I was a student at Rutgers and, yes, I was accosted in the woods out by the old parking area. Guy chased me through the woods to say, "you know, that's a real nice bike". Flagged down a cop and got the whole low-down on the place. Made my remaining trips on early, brisk weekend mornings when I did not anticipate to encounter anyone on the trails.

It is a decent place to ride; the terrain along the creek is actually pretty good and some of the crossings are treacherous. The trails out by Rt 18 are fairly sloppy but offer a little more dense area to bike through.

Top Bottom