Crazy Der Hanger Break SNAKE!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
:hmmm:So my buddies live in Carlsbad and I usually get out to ride with them 1-2 times a year.

They are always talking about how the snakes are so bad..

Well, this more or less proves it.

This rattler tried to attack Alan's rear der and got more than a mouth full of spokes.

Tough way to go..

J_

Attachments

• snake in spokes.jpg
    snake in spokes.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 245

lmckee

If that happened to me they would of found me lying next to the bike passed out with a huge lump of crap in my shorts.

Frank

Sasquatch
Agreed....The part that gives me the willies is how close to his leg that snake was. Good thing for J's friend the snake had bad timing.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Your buddy needs to be corrected...it is a "Lizard Skin" chain stay protector not a "Snake Skin" chain stay protector...

If you'd only wrapped *his* chain stay with a tube...

dualfisted

nuts

that is too crazy. I had to check the thread just cuz of the title, and sure enuff, there it was. That snake was no joke big. I'd have c-rapped my pants and had a heart attack.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
that is too crazy. I had to check the thread just cuz of the title, and sure enuff, there it was. That snake was no joke big. I'd have c-rapped my pants and had a heart attack.

They say that those things are all over the trails there. They lay out in the trail to soak up the sun.

I guess your bunny hops get a lot bigger when venomous snakes are out on the singletrack??

THATmanMANNY

confused

The der looks to be on the grass or either in the neck of the snake and half sticking out. Which is it?

The mouth looks to be ripped open too... :confused:

I want a more detailed report!

Well I hope the der can be used again.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
why is the snake still on his bike? Did he carry the bike back to the car, put it on the rack and drive it home so he could take the picture? I would have pryed that thing off with the longest stick I could find as soon as it happened. . .

Top Bottom